Grasshopper GTX or Edge 2022

I currently have 6 monometal throws and am looking to get my first bimetal. Two that interest me atm are Duncan Grasshopper GTX and YYF Edge 2022. Both seem to get a lot of praise here. Which would you recommend? I’m open to other recommendations as well. Thanks in advance

1 Like

What’s your budget, and are you looking for performance, value, or comfort? Or two or three of those, lol.

1 Like

Budget is anywhere between 50 and 125. Looking for all three if possible lol. I’ve never tried a bimetal throw so curiosity is one thing but mainly just looking for something to have fun with and continue learning new tricks, with long spin times. I’m not competing or anything just enjoy throwing.

1 Like

Sweet! I think you couldn’t go wrong with the two you mentioned, but the grasshopper would be more comfy. I would also throw in the IQ for consideration. It definitely ticks all three boxes. So glad I got one.

5 Likes

second recommendation for the IQ, its one of my favorite yoyos, and just slays. $120 for some dope colors

i’d say go for the black on black iQ yo-yo by YoYoFactory – YoYoExpert

2 Likes

I would recommend the grasshopper GTX as a first Bimetal. It is an excellent, all around performing, yo-yo at an affordable price. The GTR is also really good. It is based on the GTX, is a little wider and has more rim weight. They are both beast yo-yos. Duncan makes great bi-metals.

5 Likes

I would go with the Grasshopper GTX without hesitation. It is my favorite Duncan yoyo. However, if you have a thing for really wide yoyos, then you might want to go with the GTR or IQ or Edge 2022 instead.

6 Likes