First bimetal

So, I’m thinking about buying my first bimetal soon, but I need some recommendations. The current throws I am looking at are all the 2sick bimetal’s, but they are a little pricey for me. I’ve also been looking at the Marco, because I’ve heard really great things about it. If you guys could give me any reccomendations that would be great! I’m looking in the 60-80 price range, but if I really want to I will spend a hundred dollars on something. Thank you! Also! I would probably be willing to buy used to get a better deal on a throw.

4 Likes

It’s no secret I’m a fan of Duncan. Not one of the bimetal they make have disappointed, killer throws. Best performers are Orbital GTX, GrasshopperGTX, and of course BarracudaX. The Tourney is pretty chill, but not lacking in any department either.
If I was gonna stay a little cheaper, magicyoyo makes the Stealth. Very similar to a GrasshopperGTX, but more wallet friendly.

That new YoYoFactory throw, Flame is a little over your budget, but sure looks interesting.

6 Likes

I’m sure someone with much more experience can give even better recs, considering my time limited knowledge.

1 Like

I know a lot of people will hate on me saying this but I find the Marco maybe the less interesting bimetal I ever played. There are two reasons:

1. Bimetal stands for me personally for power and the Marco I find really not powerful at all
  2. but this is for sure subjective I do not like the shape. Wide is good and V is also good but combined it is to much for me.

I would in your case get a used one because you can always get nice deals if you can wait a bit.
I think a nice SF or e.g. a raytracer should be available for this price range used.
So try the Marco first and compare it if possible to build ur own opinion. It is very cheap thou what makes it ok.

3 Likes

Grasshopper GTX is phenomenal but sold out here. I’d spend a little extra and snag the GTR x Haymaker bundle. Looks like 2 really sweet throws for $109. I can’t wait for mine to arrive. It seems like you really can’t go wrong with Duncan these days

7 Likes

Any of the recent Duncan bimetals would be very good.

I also quite like the Marco, but if you don’t dig the shape, you should avoid it. Tourney and Barracuda X are very comfortable and solid.

5 Likes

Cant say much about bi metals. Only have a few. However I do really enjoy the Marco, despite Kray’s opinion. Personal preference I guess. I have also enjoyed the YYF Space cadet. It’s a little pricy but I think it is very smooth.

6 Likes

If you can’t get a Grasshopper GTX then I highly recommend a TopYo Dominator. I feel it is one of the best bi-metal values out there. Sure, you can get a MagicYoyo Focus for around $50, but I do feel that the extra $20 spent on a Dominator is well worth it.

9 Likes

You can get a raytracer, 7068+SS. I also recommend the orbital and grasshopper gtx

10 Likes

Check out the Retic Death Adder V2. $85 for solids. It’s a killer throw.

Might want to consider waiting for the next Circle City P40 Warhawk drop. Not sure what the price will be on those, but preorder prices were ridiculous ($55 if I recall). D-Bearing bimetal beast.

6 Likes

So my top picks are these:

Which one do you guys vote for? The encores is a new Topyo throw that came out recently, and I like the color ways quite a bit. I like the organicesque shape of the encores quite a bit as well.

ALSO maybe some sf throws if I can get them used would be on here.

3 Likes

Sounds like you know the answer :wink:If the encore appeales to you get it :+1:

2 Likes

If you want a yoyo on the large/wide side, then the Marco or Orbital GTX are your best choices (of those four). If you want a normal size yoyo, then get the Encores if you lean towards organic shapes or the Dominator if you lean towards H shapes. I like normal sized H designs, so the Dominator would be my choice out of those four.

2 Likes

Death adder is very nice. Has stainless steel and brass options for if you prefer a bit more speed or a bit more power.

Also, the warhawk is very good if you wanna wait for their team edition and another edition at another store.

3 Likes

My main throw currently is the atlas, which is super wide and I feel like I need something not as wide, so I think I’m gonna choose a topyo, because they just appeal the most to me. Thank you guys for your help and input!

3 Likes

Maybe you can also checkout machination, pretty much can take beating for a bimetal. Also you can spark it, fits your budget too

3 Likes

If you love very H shapes, then the Toybania Machination is a great choice. I love mine.

However, it doesn’t have the benefit of being purchasable from YYE…

3 Likes

Ya I want to buy from yye because I plan on buying some gumdrop begleri as well.

5 Likes

Lol ill sell you a used flying dutchman.

2 Likes

Flame

4 Likes