First bimetal

what specs do you prefer?

2 Likes

I like wide bois, but I feel like I need to go with a bit smaller sized yo-yo.

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with a yyf edge if you’re looking for what’s available on yye.

Hopefully they will order some retic product in the future.

4 Likes

Price range?

1 Like

$60-$80 range

2 Likes

Sent you a pm with a good deal if you decide to go with a Duncan.

I’ve never played with a Death Adder before…but its little brother, the Puff Adder is very possibly my favorite mono metal I’ve tried…so I can only imagine how great the Deathy is!

6 Likes

It’s a monster. I love mine. Once the nausea from my recent shopping spree on YYE subsides, I plan on picking up a 2nd Death Adder.

7 Likes

The start the riot from rebellion would be a good first bi metal. I haven’t thrown one myself but I know people who have. It’s like a budget draupnir but a little heavier. Unfortunately they are out of stock on YYE but you can pick one up on yoyorecreation.jp for 88$
edit: my bad they are in stock on YYE

3 Likes

I’ve seen Wisteria’s for $85 and would say grab that if you see one or cheaper. So far it’s my favorite bimetal I’ve gotten.

I just got a crusade added to my BST if you’re interested as well.

3 Likes

I definitely would buy it if it was cheaper, and I got permission haha. But I think I’m gonna go with the patronus or the encores, because they’re cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Honestly, all the companies making yo-yos these days are doing an amazing job, it’s going to come down to personal preference. My recommendation - Don’t go with what’s popular or what’s the most recommended. Find a shape/size/weight you like in a color you’re going to want to pick up every day and go for it. Even if you’re only picking it because you think it looks really cool, that’s going to make you enjoy it that much more.

13 Likes

What if I don’t know what specs I like? I’ve only tried one throw, so my specs preference aren’t a thing quite yet.

2 Likes

Then you go off what you think looks the coolest

5 Likes

I’d say try a smaller yoyo at first. If ur still finding ur style smaller yoyos are gr8 bc it can fit in tech-er combos and can be easier to carry

2 Likes

Orbital GTX is what you want…

6 Likes

You should get either the Marco or the Edge. Personally, I’m leaning more on the powerful, heavy spin side of things, so I’m pretty sided with the Marco, but the Edge is also an excellent performer and a swift one. If you like doing speed combos and stuff, I would recommend the Edge, but if you’re more into grinds, fingerspins, and long tricks, then you should go for the marco. Another good one a bit out of your budget would be the Shutter Bi-Metal. You could find a few used on a discount.

1 Like