Grammar/Punctuation Nazis of YYE UNITE!

Are you a connoisseur of the English language? Do you rage when people abbreviate and mispell/use incorrect punctuation?

Join us.

I don’t quite know what that entails yet, we will figure it out as we go along.

1 Like

ok

I absolutely hate it when people on Facebook spell stuff wrong on purpose.

TyPiN LaK DiS.

Seriously. It ticks me off.

And so our numbers grow by 2…

Here is a post I made a couple days ago

Well, rant. Here I go…

Lately on these forums I have been seeing a lot more of short low quality posts from people incapable of using spell check. It seems people will just go and posts things like “Ya thanks!” which we have a Thank you button for, or something like “ya” which is really not necessary to post. I think people are just trying to get more posts under there belt. I know that recently I have been subconsciously posting very short low quality posts. I am not blaming everyone but some people like Studio42 post very long in depth post. I am not saying nobody else does but he does always. Also speaking of long I have also noticed people posting very long post but making them low quality on the inside. This not so much but a little. Just FYI I had to use spell check to figure out incapable, necessary, and subconsciously.

On the other hand…

On the other hand I would like to point out that people have been posting very good helpful posts. My number one thing that I got helped on was probably not to believe all the hype always. That is why people say this over and over but, This is THE BEST community that there is! There are very helpful posts and people, and the people are also very patient and understanding. It is also a very good community in that it consists of many trustworthy people. We had the secret santa, buy, sell, and can trade without worrying to much about them rotten scammers (dirty monkeys)   . And these great, amazing people are even better in person at contests! They teach tricks, trade, welcome newcomers, and encourage each other! 

I have just been wanting to post this for a while.

Once again, thank you dearly fellow yoyoists.

^No offence but I don’t think you should be talking (or typing :P).

I like proper grammar, but I do make mistakes when I’m tired/rushing/Iphone auto corrects yoyo slang, so I don’t know if I have the right to join.

Edit:Stupid spell check.

Sometimes I type with insanely proper grammar. I slip up on minor things sometimes. But, I’m getting more into proper grammar. I shall join!

I love catching other people’s mistakes. I just get nailed by my iPhones’ auto correct function.

I, too, suffer from the abomination known as auto-correct.

I’m there! Terribly bad grammar drives me up the wall and back around. lol. My Droid has that predictive texting too, stupid phone trying to tell me what i want to say… Dang that technology! Maybe we could start an Occupy YYE Grammar movement! Ha!

Me wanna joyne! I haf grate gramer :stuck_out_tongue:

Ya mine changes flowable, yoyo, 10ball, counterweight, etc. and it is very annoying.

As I do consider myself quite the genius, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and following one train of thought with out being side tracked are not my forte. I am not quite sure that I properly propagated this post, however true genius is more than knowing ones limitations, it entails figuring ways around them.

Oh, and my good fellow ladies and gentlemen, I have made some tea, would any body care for a cup?

I think the second sentence of the OP needs a conjunction. A “but” perhaps.

Anyway, I’m on board with this to an extent. I wouldn’t consider myself a grammar Nazi, maybe a grammar cadet or something.

I think you mean fourth sentence, and I’m pretty sure I’m ok there.

I’m in!

I shall join your little “gathering”, as my beliefs of good grammar hinder me to do so. However, by enforcing the laws of proper grammar, we will dissuade a plethora of panzees who can’t and will not edit their dastardly posts. With that said, this petty tea party shall be fun.

Ehhhh??? ???

HeY yo gaiz gramma aInT guNna do no nuThIn so stOp mAkIn dEm stuPid gruUps.

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/9/95/95c16de9_trollface.png

Just kidding. I hate people who spell like that.

A…a…lright, so I made a little mistake! What are you going to do, sue me? :-[ :-[ :‘( :’(