Goodbye everyone

I hope I will still be here when he comes back. I don’t plan to leave this forum anytime soon.

5 Likes

I like to read old posts here and don’t recognize the names. Everyones lives change as well as hobbies. It’s easy to think we will yoyo for the rest of our lives but no one knows for sure. I seriously hope I will still be throwing in 20 years. Luckily, my job, lifestyle, and not having any serious responsibities allows me plenty of time and freedom to buy yoyos and live in general, like a kid.

11 Likes

I’ve watched that video so many times and lately I feel like crying tears of happiness when I watch it. The man has to be around 75 and he is experiencing so much wholesome, innocent joy with such a simple thing. To me, that’s how happy we should appear to non-throwers who see us. Granted, with today’s complex, more time-consuming tricks it may be more difficult but a smile and a yoyo may win more people over than just a yoyo. Peace out.

4 Likes

Thanks Dad, you always know how to cut to the core of me :smile:

4 Likes

And rightly so. The guy is actually very good at it (ex professional yo yo demonstrator).

Here’s the text from the youtube page:

My Old Man and His Amazing Yo-Yo skills! (awesome) Ever wonder who was responsible for the huge international yo yo crazes of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s??? NO?! Well anyway that would be partly due to my dad, ex professional yo yo demonstrator and campaign manager Clive Collins. After much harassment, I finally got him to dust off the yo-yo’s, record his hidden talent and put it online. He may be a little rusty but the old man has still got it! He isn’t using any fancy pants steel axel / pro yo ball bearing type yo-yo’s; just the classic, wooden axel, retro Coca Cola and Fanta Russell yo-yo’s which he used throughout his career. Watch him as he performs the tricks; walking the dog, loop the loop (two hands), double or nothing and man on the tight rope!

6 Likes

I think All the yo-yos should be sent to knowledgeablepixels ‘Parents’.

Then maybe they won’t think we are all such a bunch of Chiseling scammer-crooks🤓

Wouldn’t that make em fall on their fanny packs🤡

7 Likes

I’ll second this!

3 Likes

I think the easiest solution would be to let his parents view the forums to see how people here communicate. It’s clearly all pretty friendly.

5 Likes

Probably one of the safest places a kid could spend time. The use of time may be in question. Even the adults here have probably been guilty of yo-yoing in place of a less desirable task. Hobbies are the reward after work is done, and I need to take my own advice btw.

4 Likes

Yeah I’d give your parents a chance to view the Forums by themselves. Let them see that we’re nice people who just enjoy talking about this great hobby we all share!

5 Likes

I’m really sad that your going, but your making hard not to laugh with that meme…

4 Likes

He is gone now

3 Likes

That’s a shame

1 Like

Thats right Doc! Im just a little yoyo fetus!

1 Like

He is with Gambit now…

2 Likes

Ah man, and so many others

Haven’t heard that name in a while.

1 Like

Studio42, GregP

Ugh nooo!!

GregP. (sadpanda) :frowning:

I don’t remember studio but Greg was someone I looked forward to reading their posts constantly (he recommend me some of my favorite yoyos at the time).

1 Like