gonna try out skateboarding...

Is this a OK beginner board? Or should I stay away from it? It looks fine. But I dealt dont know haha.

http://www.nordboards.com/sdsneonblue.html

I got a blue landshark minus the bottle opener with super soft bushings total I spent was $120.00 tax included from Zumiez, got mine when I was 15 great board for cruising around as well as doing ollies and casual stuff… if you can front the cash.

K so I went to the local shop, and me and mom agreed to spend like $55… My mom decided to put $40 on top of that… I tried to buy a cheap one,but he gave us a good-ish offer.
I have a $80 “alien workshop” board.
Its sooo hard to ride! Im getting on it and holding on to a wall trying to ride! Any tips??? I dont have enough “nuts” to get away from the wall and actually ride. I’ve only fallen 1ce.

I suggest you learn balance before you try to do anything else. If you’re driveway is on a slight decline, I suggest you start at the top and just let gravity take you down. Since driveway’s aren’t usually that long, you won’t go that fast and you’ll still learn how to balance. After that move on to pushing off once on a flat area, then go from there.

1 Like

My driveway is pretty long, and goes downhill fast.

I am now just pushing myself off, “skating” like 15 feet, then catching myself. I find myself pretty scared of the board, but it is so cool when im Rollin.
…they see me Rollin, they hatinnn…

your gonna like it then that’s all that means if you feel the need get some pads and a helmet is a great idea if you plan on falling. that helped me a lot when I was younger. at least then you won’t get as mich road rash cus that stuff sucks.

Haha, I only “fell” one time and I didn’t touch the ground, but if I move my whole arm on circles, I still can feel a little pain…
So im a HUGE a wuss when I get on that thing. Its been 2 days and I started pushing. Im okay at it but I find it kinda hard to push 2 times. Like I push, roll for a little, then once I slow down try to push again, but… Ehh. I think im progressing fine :slight_smile:

that’s all it takes is a little practice.

Ok so I’ve gotten a lot better at pushing and stuff, and today is the first time I skated on a rode. I’ve been skating in my backyard on ge cement. Its so bumpy! Its so much nicer to skate on the cement, or better yet in my garage. Like seriously be my feet are vibrating the entire time I try to skate, is that how all ground is? I hear it’s smooth on longboards, probably because of the softer wheels…
Another thing, I have no idea what wheels I have, but they say they are 54MM, what is that size good for?