GOLD Center Trac Bearing.

If this thing is faster than the terrapin or close to it I’ll be blow away. Just put a terrapin on for the first time tonight and was shocked. I’m ordering a couple of these with my next purchase. I like a center track more than the wing cut on my tarrapin ceramic.

Still wondering as to how long the gold plating will last…
based on the other gold plated bearing that has been out for a while.

Anyone have one long enough to know?

Well so far for me it plays actually better and better, but it’s just a week. Harold Owens III said it lasts. So…

Just buy one and try it for yourself.
For someone who sells expensive bearings, you certainly sound cheap.

Is it gold plating? I thought during the last fervor over gold bearings it was known that it was something about the cleaning/preparation process that imparted a gold colour and that this colour wouldn’t last forever.

Are these different from those?

I wasn’t around for that, so my details are sketchy.

Yes, it’s been a week and the color did not change 1 bit :smiley: plus it plays even better after a week.

It is a great bearing, but i have one problem.

I find it a little responsive on my Superstar, I don’t really need to blind to grab the yoyo back,
I wonder is it the bearing or the response system of the New Superstar.

When i test it on other yoyo, it is also a little responsive.
Should i silicon the yoyo which i use this bearing? Or clean this brand new bearing with acetone?

Everything other than the responsibility is perfect.

I vaguely recall those discussions.

All I will say is I was watching “how it’s made” or something like that not too long ago, and after that did some sort of chemical treatment process to some metal part, after that was cleaned with some sort of solvent, it turned a gold-like color. I forget the reason exactly, either anti-wear or anti-corrosion.

I think as far as the color lasting, I think we should wait a few months and see what the results are, and then again in a year and see what things are like then.

The bearing may be breaking in. Clean the bearing. No lube. See if there is any change. The problem is following the bearing, not the yoyos or response pads.

Not to beat this threat to death, but I purchased a gold CT of these bearings with my Shutter out of intrigue and also because I generally just don’t really love YYF’s stock 8balls.

The Shutter came, I threw it for about 10 minutes not understanding how YYF pulled this off for the $45 price point. Then I decided to swap the stock YYF bearing for the gold CT…

AND I HATED IT.

Loud. Vibey. Absolutely ridiculous high volume screeching with an amount of vibe reserved for my beater Northstar. It was 110% terrible. The bearing wasn’t responsive, it was completely unresponsive still, but it was so loud that my girlfriend down the hallway in the bathroom drying her hair with a blow dryer literally stopped drying her hair and asked what the screeching sound coming from the living room was. I played with the gold CT for about another 10-15 minutes and it was not breaking in, it was painful and terrible. It spun for around 5 minutes straight, sure, but the sound didn’t go away and neither did the vibe.

Obviously I cleaned it, lubed it with V4M, threw it back in the Shutter and after about another 1-2 minutes of spinning it significantly quieted down and the vibe disappeared. Something must have snuck into that bearing since it is deshielded and something turned it into a complete beater before I cleaned it up. It now plays quite well. The spin time is tremendous, it really does spin for an extremely extremely long time, and the vibe generated by the bearing has been completely removed…that said even at its most quiet it is still pretty dang loud. I love how shiny it looks in my shiny Shutter and it plays fine and spins for years so I intend to keep it, but I won’t be purchasing another one.

I thought u shouldn’t lube it? Should I clean mine?

Your gold center trac might be defected or something, cause 2 of mine are working fine right out of the bag, and gold center trac’s main point is quietness, so contact yoyoexpert. I did another test on spin time with a gold center trac and Terrapin, and this time the almost 3 week old gold center trac completely broke, It spins even longer than Terrapin X now. This bearing should be better than than any 20 plus dollar bearing period

You really should clean the bearing 1,2 times,
with acetone may be, then i use some compressed gas to clean it even more.
After you completely clean the bearing, you can play dry or add a tiny tiny drop of lube and it will be
excellent. If you feel it is responsive, you prob add too much lube.

I buy 3 GCTs from yoyo expert. Before cleaning, i am also a little disappointed.

But after, i feel that it is one of the best bearing i have ever use.

Why would you need to clean a new bearing?

The description says:: NOTE: DO NOT LUBRICATE this bearing.
What do you know about the care of these bearings that YYE and the manufacturer do not?

As for these bearings; I have purchased two and have not been altogether impressed by them in regards to spin-time or noise. The two I have are loud and do not spin as long as my YYF/YYJ speed bearings or the stock bearings in my YYR. To me, these are nothing special; much like the last run of “gold-plated” bearings.

In re-reading this thread, I notice that all the glowing recommendations come from the same few voices. Oddly, few of the voices have any trades. This implies that they are new, or do not buy/sell many yo-yo’s. Others are professionals; who’s motivations may be suspect.

Many of the other voices questioning the performance of these bearings have lots of trades. This implies that the questions are coming from those that actually have tried many different yo-yo’s and bearings and do not find these particularly good.

I could have spent my $45 better.

1 Like

Just because someone has a low trade count doesn’t mean they haven’t tried a lot of yoyos… :stuck_out_tongue:

Trading in forum is for broke people or people who don’t have friends who yoyo. Trading reputation has nothing to do with anything other than trading.
Sounds like you’re just trying to be negative and to create a dumb conspiracy theory.

Negative or not, I do value YoyoGeezer’s input here. If everybody had the exact same amazing experience, it would be one thing. But to know that somebody found 2 of them to be “meh” makes me at least want to approach a purchase with a critical eye.

He made it sound so mean though… :frowning:

Also, let’s not forget that trading for people outside of the States does tend to be difficult and/or rather pricey on shipping.

Anyway, back on topic, I am curious about these gold CT but I just can’t quite stomach shelling out over $20 for a bearing. I suppose eventually my curiousity will get the better of me though…

One thing is to give your opinion, which he is entitled to.
Another thing is trying to discredit all previous opinions with bogus and ridiculous conspiracy theories.