GOLD Center Trac Bearing.

I’m not sure if the other applies to me but I consider my self a experienced player who was tried 3 20 dollar plus bearings

I will try my friend’s Terrapin and see how it stacks against my 10ball kk bearing, and gold center trac. :smiley: I heard good stuff about terrapin. Oh and I got my gold center trac, I followed Harold Owens the 3rd advice and put a tiiiiiinnnnny drop of lube on it, and it plays sooooooo good. I thought 10 ball is impossible to beat but this did, it’s sooo smooth and silent I thought I was deaf. It even plays smother than 10 ball and kk. No wonder Harold Owens told me to buy this :smiley: Absoluty astonishing.

Aret they really that quiet?

It is. I played one a club, it’s crazy. I don’t plan on getting one, but my mom tells me my throws are too loud a lot, so maybe she wouldn’t mind paying half…

Haha, jk. I think it I ever bought a trigger or something else really loud, I would get one though. For now I don’t have the money.

idk, sounds like a REALLY good excuse to have mum pay for half (or more :wink: ) if she’s the one that want’s it quiet :stuck_out_tongue:

Are they as smooth as OD 10 balls

Yes, even smoother, I have a 10 ball and a kk 10 ball, absolutely blows my mind.

Tried asking.

A resounding no.

lol she can’t blame you for trying, maybe you just need more practice convincing your mum of things (he says looking over at his Ricochet :wink: )

Use your loudest bearing near her, when she complains, tell her to shelve the coins.

Yes I would like to see what you think about them.
Does he have the TX S/C wing ceramic 10 ball?
That would be nice.

Well I got the Center Trac X today.

It’s not bad. It is superior to normal Center Tracs for sure, but isn’t worth 12 dollars.

You’re better off getting a Onedrop 10 Ball.

Luckily I got it for 5 bucks. I recommend just getting it with a YYF yoyo, so you can save 10 dollars.

Ok, here are the result from testing 3 bearings, the Terrapin X wing cut, Gold Center Trac, and 10 ball KK. I am going to break them up in the each sections. The yo-yo used is the Duncan Barracuda.

1. Stability. The gold center trac takes this with Terrapin right behind, the 2 are very smooth, but I find the gold center trac a tiny bit more stable, Terrapin and Gold center are almost equally good at regan. The 10 ball KK is also stable, but falls behind abit on regan as it give slight vibration.
    2.Spin time. All 3 bearing can do over 1 minute combos with a good throw, but Terrapin takes it (Spinning Overkill works!) as it can squeeze out about 3 to 4 more seconds than Gold center Trac and almost 7 to 9 seconds more then the 10 ball KK.
    3.Smoothness (feel). The Gold center trac for me take this, the smoothness is RIDICULOUS! I can’t feel a thing! It floats abit more and that suits me. The Terrapin is also very very very smooth(I am pretty Impressed), the 10 ball kk is pretty smooth too but falls behind the Gold center trac and Terrapin X.
    4.String centering, its pretty obvious here as 10 ball kk takes it, its a kk. The gold center trac comes next and Terrapin X comes 3rd, although I am pretty impressed as the string “magically” centered a bit when I throw.
    5.Noise. Once again the gold center trac takes it, I can’t hear a thing, once again its RIDICULOUSLY quiet. The Terrapin X and 10 ball KK are also super quiet, but not to the point of the Gold center trac.
    Conclusion: For me I perfer the gold center trac as yoyofactory describe them as RIDICULOUS. Recommended personally by Harold Owens the III, this bearing is near perfection. In my opinion It is superior in stability, smoothness and Noise, it also centers very well(I prefer my string centered somehow:P), I am not sure about durability yet but so far it exceed any bearing I came across upon by ALOT(except Terrapin X).
    The Terrapin X is very impressive, I was shocked when it out spin the gold center trac, It performs very well, but it doesn’t center as well as 10 Ball KK or Gold center trac. Once again the performance is amazing but its not RIDICULOUSLY amazing as Gold center trac.
    10 Ball KK brings a solid standard to the higher price range bearings, it centers well and you really can’t go wrong with a 10 ball. :smiley:
    All the review above is my personally opinion, and these bearing might perform differently in other yoyos, I used a Duncan Barracuda as the test standard.

Sorry, I can’t buy the whole “bearing affecting regens” thing. Sure it affects stability (Laws of physics) but what makes a good regen yoyo is mainly high walls and small gaps…

1 Like

That’s weird cause there is a big difference for me when I regan with the 3 bearings. The gold center trac and Terrapin have less wobbling than the 10 ball somehow… Maybe it’s my fault, but thanks for telling me that. (Learning something everyday on the forum) :smiley:

Wobbles on regens or throws are definitely you … NOT the bearing

1 Like

I don’t care about the whole “does it affect regens” or not. My takeaway is: Terrapin X outperforms, and if it’s pure performance you want, you have to consider Terrapin X. Followed by: if it’s all about RIDICULOUS quietness and smoothness, you’ve got to at least try the gold center trac.

I have a TPX, so I’ll be adding the gold CT to my next order, expensive though they might be. The allure of quiet smoothness is too much for me. :wink:

On the smooth quietness note, in the flat bearing category, the Northern Spin CORE is amazing. I might have a dud (keeps going responsive), but when it’s working it’s just unbelievable.

If like to hear your thoughts on the gold CT. I’m gettin one on monday! Pumped!

I found that to be a very nice comparison of the three bearings.
The only thing I see they have in common is they all cost over $20,
Each will have it’s own following depending in the buyers needs and desires.
I am glad to see the TX lived up to it’s reason for being.
On my add it is:
Terrapin X Wing S/C10 Ball Ceramic Competition YoYo Bearing Center Assist size C
Thanks for the input Mazdarx7FD …

Surely; however, I don’t know when my next order will be. Either the G2 Quake or the DS Pride, probably. Been gunning for that Pride but it’s taking too long!