Okay, my situation with my (very) new Yomega Glide is bugging me and I would like some advice.
The run down is:
- I bought a Yomega Glide from YYE during the Halloween sale (for $76.50).
- It arrived on Saturday night)
- I opened up the yoyo and threw it a couple of times
- I noticed that there was a bump on the yoyo. As it turns out, the yoyo had a dent in it. (I had not bumped it on anything, I had literally thrown it down and binded it only twice before noticing)
- I then noticed that it had scratches on one of the sides. It was as if somebody had been practicing Thumb Grinds on it. There were also a couple more small scratches and one or two ano flaws on it as well.
- I contacted YYE this morning via email. I asked if I could send them the yoyo and then they send me a new one.
- They replied after about ten seconds (literally) and asked for pics.
- I replied saying that I had already packaged the yoyo up to send back to them. No reply came.
- I then decided to take the yoyo out and take pictures of it (being that this may help me get a new one).
- I was unable to snap some pictures because of the quality of the camera I own.
- Then, I decided just to give it a couple more throws.
- I throw it down once, string breaks. Change the string, throw it down, bind it. Throw it down again, string breaks. Thankfully, the yoyo had no damage because of these string breaks (being that I was over carpet).
- I sent YYE another email telling them about this adventure. No reply came.
So, I am now waiting for a reply from them. In the meantime I ask you for some advice. I could either:
- Carry out the process of the exchange and wait about a week+ for a new one
- Keep the yoyo (but then the string may keep breaking)
- Keep the yoyo and change the bearing (to try to stop the string breakage).
- Contact Yomega about the problem
- Keep the yoyo as a collectible (Just kidding, too expensive for that), or
- Your advice
Please reply with what you think I should do and tell me about your Yomega Glide experiences. If there is anybody from Yomega or YYE on the forums that reads this post, please contact me as soon as possible.