Give one piece of advice

Don’t give advice, thus you will not be blamed.

@jrodriguez Is that “near mint” because it’s green?

5 Likes

Pick up a really great plastic and bring it everywhere with you. I leave one in my travel backpack. This C3 Halo has been around the world many times over.

20190309_093835

9 Likes

Don’t start a yoyo company. I know it sounds great and there are plenty of success stories out there but there’s a reason most of these new companies don’t last long. 100 yoyos is a lot of yoyos to sell. 50 yoyos is a lot of yoyos to sell. Price doesn’t matter. Your whole life will be put under a microscope by the community and they’ll make you feel worse than you deserve for any little thing you do. It’s so much work for little money and too much stress. If you want to do good in the community, buy an ISA and spend the interest on something nice by sponsoring a contest or giving away plastics to kids.

There are more reasons to not start a company, money is just a big reason as to why it’s not worth it.

If after this post you still want to give it a go, go for it.

14 Likes

Good guess, jhb, and I certainly could claim that it’s near mint based on the color. But with that particular yoyo, though you can’t see it in the picture, I always keep it near a mint. Like the yoyos in this picture, which are also always kept near mint. Notice that the pink one is nearer mint than the blue one. 16%20PM

10 Likes

I’ve tried to dismantle my brick fireplace with a yoyo or two. I mean, they’re on a string and swing like a dull battle mace. Practically built for the job.

6 Likes

Never eat yellow snow.

9 Likes

Never try to put a bearing which is a different size from the yoyos bearing seat. Confusing but i broke a yoyo by putting a size d bearing in a size A seat.

3 Likes

jhb,
I took your advice about not giving advice. I wound up blamed for not giving advice that someone felt I should have given. I blame you for giving me this awful advice! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Few life lessons for me:
-Safety throw! If the yoyo’s been in your pocket all day, there’s just that chance that a string could unravel and wrap back around in a funky way leading to a nice knuckle buster when you throw a strong trapeze.

-Don’t have a bearing removal tool? Don’t use the pliers as there’s a chance you could crush your bearing. Instead, grab a drill bit (not sure which size exactly) and use the end that goes into the chuck as your remover.

-Confusing trick? Focus on a single element and break it down in further steps if need be. Some tricks can be overwhelming and confusing.

8 Likes

For a “C” bearing it’s 1/4 in.

8 Likes

Are you telling me it wasn’t a spilled snow cone?

3 Likes

Welp fair point, you never know. Lol

If it’s a name, probably not a spilt snow cone.

1 Like

Well, someone just made the @$&% list…

1 Like

Yes, yes, and yes. I’ve cracked myself in the head more than once because I forget.

1 Like

I haven’t checked to see if this has been said, but learn how to pour your own flowable silicone.

You can make snaggy yoyos less snaggy by recessing it a little, and make yoyos that don’t bind tight enough snappy by pouring it level.

It’s just so versatile, and it gives a perfect level of response

3 Likes