[hopefully] helpful tips

I’ve recently been thinking of some tips, kind of, that have helped me in the past, so I thought I’d put them up here, and hope that you find them helpful!

Don’t want to unscrew your Yoyo, but you’ve got one of those pesky slip knots in the gap?
In the past, I have used tweezers, toothpicks and even sharp pencils to get these out, just get the sharp part under the loop, and pull it out. It’s worked for me countless times.

Traveling or taking your yoyos to a contest but you don’t have a yoyo case?
No sweat, put each Yoyo into a sock, and you don’t have to worry about the yoyos hitting each other, you can put them in a backpack, or a suitcase or whatever!
Also works: putting each yoyo into a fabric wrist guard.

Don’t want your string to unwind, knot or get caught on something while you’re not using the throw?
Loop a hairband or rubber band around the gap, tight around the string and bearing.

Need a makeshift yoyo holster?
Wrap a rubber band or hairband tightly around the gap, and clip a carabeaner to it.

Don’t have a multi tool/string cutter?
You don’t need a multi tool just for cutting string. I use one of my pocket knives more than I use the string cutter. You can use teeth, knives, scissors etc. Don’t get me wrong though, I use my multi tool’s bearing remover all the time!

Alright, guys. I hope this was helpful, if you have any more tips/advice, fell free to leave them below! Thanks :slight_smile:

I understand your good will, but there is actually this exact same thread that has been stickied in the “Looking for help /recommendations” section, so maybe you should just post your tips there. :slight_smile:

Other Thread: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,33189.0.html

whoops! Haha thanks for letting me know, man. Sorry :slight_smile:

Haha, you don’t need to apologize! It was just a simple mistake, and you were trying to help people out. :slight_smile:

These are good tips, the holster thing is useful and I put my yoyos in socks when I went to Mexico. Isn’t it hard to cut string with your teeth, though?

yeah, I just meant in a dire, Yoyo string cutting emergency :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, how do you cut a string with your teeth? Chewing? Pulling?

honestly, I just put that there as a last resort. I’ve never actually done it myself. Sorry for the confusion. I would imagine, though, that you could cut it by sawing it back and forth over your sharpest tooth.

And you are giving advice on this when you never did it?
Take it from someone with sharp canines, all you will get from this, is a very wet and very frilly string.

bark

haha ok thanks Haru. All I meant was for a dire string cutting emergancy, it seemed like a valid option since I thought I’d heard of someone who had done it, but i guess not. It didn’t come to mind at the time also, that it would depend on the type of string, too. I would think Ammo would be darn near impossible, and thin cotton string would be easier. Anyway, sorry for the mistake, listen to Haru, not me lol.

I’m pretty sure I once heard a story about someone cutting a string with a curb of a road… I actually think I heard it was Dylan Benharris. But that’s probably completely wrong, so don’t trust me on that. It still might work though. Who knows…

Actually I have cut string by running it across the corner of a concrete step and it work pretty well, it only took like maybe 2 or 3 tries. :wink:

I actually had heard about cutting it on the curb… Gotta try it someday :wink:

You have to sharpen your teeth first, which you should be doing anyway.