Getting back into yo-yoing after a few years, looking for a good yo-yo?

I’m looking for a yo-yo that will be good for me to get accustomed to looping again and figured the Loop 360 would be good for this. I know the 1080 is out but you can order the 360 from several places for about a third the price. Is this a good choice or is there any other recommendations around the same price point?

Also wanted to get back into doing string tricks. I don’t remember unresponsive yo-yo’s being on the market back when I used to yo-yo so I am looking for something around the intermediate level that I can go from responsive to un-responsive when ready.

These are the 3 yo-yo’s I liked and had heard good things about under or around the $20 price point.

1. C3YoYoDesign Speedaholic
  2. Duncan Freehand Zero
  3. YYJ Surge

I was looking to maybe get 2 of these. I wanted to try and find 2 yo-yo’s that had a bit of a different size and weight to them. Are these all good choices or is there anything better for the price someone can recommend?

Last question I had was about lube and string. I was thinking about just getting some slick 6 50/50 and some yo-yojam thin and thick lube. I am again just wondering if these are good choices or if there is maybe something better someone could recommend.

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? No.

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? I used to own a Henry Viper and loved that thing.

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? I have no preference on the looping yo-yo but for the string trick yo-yo I would want something a bit on the larger size. An adjustable gap would be nice but not a necessity.

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? I don’t have a preference.

-Do you have a price range? $25 or less

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? See above.

-Do you prefer a certain brand? No preference

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? I want 1 yo-yo that specializes in looping and 1 for string tricks (1A).

-Do you prefer a certain response syetem? No preference.

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks? Does not matter.

-What trick are you currently working on? Split the atom

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good? I don’t know how to do this yet so it doesn’t matter.

Those are some good options but I would just like to throw a few more at you. Since You don know how to bind yet can I suggest a yoyojam classic and you can get a c bearing for below your price point. There also the very popular yyf replay pro or the new recess first base.

I would say the exact same thing

The FHZ is rather outdated, and I didn’t really care for the Surge. I would definitely look at the Recess First Base, it is one of the best plastics on the market right now, IMO, and can be played both responsively and unresponsively.