Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

I haven’t decided on my One yet, so… Anyway, I’m starting to forget their names.

Indecision can defeat anything.

I don’t know, I would probably have to pick a yoyo at that point.

7 Likes

The first yoyo I throw will be my Cabal gen 2. I want to throw a yoyo that won’t cut my knuckles every time I mess up a bind, and plastic sounds nice for that.

I’ve learned that I don’t need so many yo-yos. One is fine. I will still be collecting them though because it’s really fun and having money is for wimps

4 Likes

I live by having money is for wimps

3 Likes

I am very wimpy…

2 Likes

first yoyo i throw will be the perspective lol, followed closely by council, grunt, alliance, wisteria, cenote, and workhorse

1 Like

720s. I miss 2a :sob:.

I’ve learned that variety is big part of the appeal of the hobby to me. I’ve branched out into a few other skill toys a little (spin top and Diabolo mostly, maybe a little Kendama) instead of different styles.

4 Likes

Are you (re-)watching Schitt’s Creek by any chance?

I’m not, but it’s about time for another rewatch!

Nope. Just used a few meme templates recently…

Fair enough. Seen you using a common theme. Tbf, that show has a plethora of relatable gifs and memes

1 Like

My bathy joins dented yoyo club :sleepy:

EDIT
wasnt using it
I picked it up grip slipped dropped it on corner of glass table

12 Likes

Oouch!

At my age, the doctor asks me if I drop things at every checkup. I drop everything and need to install carpet instead of tile… :frowning:

2 Likes

24 days in. I’ve added a few new tricks and plan to keep learning more. I had kinda stopped trying new tricks for a while and this challenge got me back into the learning process. I threw a ZS.Air 100% nylon Zipline string on about 9 days ago, I was thinking it would’ve been awesome to have been able to put that on at the beginning of the month to see how it held up. Well 9 days of play and it still looks brand new. Not much further now Papa Smurf.

9 Likes

Im looking forward to stringing up my Thing I got weeks ago and put on the shelf to torture myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

that’s awesome! it seems like this challenge has really taught many of us something, be it about themselves, their skills, their collection, etc. I’m glad this has turned out to be such an insightful experience for so many!

5 Likes

Nothing new to report. :slight_smile: Had a little more luck than usual yesterday with slack tricks, but that might be a fluke.

2 Likes

Day 974221: I have learned nothing, but my ONE throw comes out anytime I need something to do with my hands. Everything is on track (except learning Skin the Gerbil, which went out the window 974218 days ago). Impatiently awaiting to throw my v2

4 Likes

At least there were 3 days of StG attempt, proud of you. :wink:

4 Likes

I have been pondering the idea of a “Adam and Eve Complex”.

Why is it that we have “Eveything” everything we need, but we “Want” what we dont have?

This challenge for me has helped me look at things from a new perspective. I “Can” be happy with what I have. One can be enough.

Circumstantialy I will be continuing ONE through August.

After that I will be Eve, still continuing to reach for the forbiden fruit (Next new Thing).

9 Likes

Speaking of forbidden fruit and the next new thing, my El Mijo arrived today, but through …divine intervention?.. it came without pads installed!

9 Likes