An interview with Ed Haponik about his One-Year-One-YoYo project

@edhaponik and I chatted about designing responsive yo-yos, lessons he’s learned along the way, and why he’s only throwing one yo-yo in 2022. I hope you enjoy this episode!

31 Likes

As the year wraps up, I’m thinking about @edhaponik’s One-Year-One-Yoyo project. What a cool experiment to just spend one year using your favorite fixed axle yo-yo. https://www.instagram.com/edhaponik/

11 Likes

Ed, what’s the first throw you’ll pick up Jan 1? I’m sure you’re looking forward to a bunch.

3 Likes

Thanks Doc <3
It was a really nice year. I didn’t miss throwing other yo-yo’s, but it will be nice to unlock my cabinet and just grab whatever for the day. @Shwa My son is running a 5 mile trail race beginning at 11:30 to “run in the new year” lol. So he is going to give me the key (which he’s hidden all year), and he’ll bring a couple throws for me to play with while he’s running. (I promise I’ll wait until 12am.)

11 Likes

@DocPop @edhaponik

Will there be a follow up interview? I’m interested to hear about the experience.

4 Likes

It has been a year so Ed and I filmed a follow up video about how his 1-Year-1-Yoyo challenge. We talked about how well his yo-yo survived, what he learned from the challenge, and what yo-yo he threw when the project came to an end.

14 Likes