Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

Alright homies, scratch me off the list, I’m on a mission that requires an unresponsive yoyo

11 Likes

Ditto - I guess that’s where my 4 year old daughter gets it from - no wonder I get so pissed when she digs her heels in, haha.

Took the Jackal to Disneyland - made it easier to only go for it when there were no other choices, but I found myself throwing it more since it’s so easy to take a slimline with you practically anywhere.

2 Likes

You find some wood?

There is a thread about what will be the next DNA. So I put my hat in the ring but it couldn’t be pulled off with my Respawn, lol

2 Likes

I found that right after I asked. Haha. I’m going to try and get chicken pot pie on camera. I don’t know if it will be the next dna but we can definitely try!

2 Likes

I’m still going with my trusty BBB-Beater, but it did get much harder with my recent mail day.

Not long to go now, stay strong!

7 Likes

Lol, I’m a dreamer, and you got this

3 Likes

I, also, am still here

4 Likes

I am also still in, but it’s getting harder to stay in for me. We’re so close! But I am impulsive. Let’s see if I can keep it locked down for 11 more days!

4 Likes

Still in and finally posted mine officially :sweat_smile:

But looks like it might only get easier for me. My kid wants a dog and if the puppy we saw today is still there Tuesday we might adopt… so even less time to throw for the last weeks of July. :see_no_evil:

Need to sell some more yoyos and Moth Ballz…

9 Likes

You have this all tied up now.

2 Likes

Like a boss! I don’t know how you’re doing it. Killin’ it, cuz! I could never.

You got this dude! You’re over the hump. It’s EEEASYYY from here on out :rofl::rofl::rofl: (that’s a joke)

1 Like

Y’all are right I can do it! Not that easy; but the hardest part has indeed already passed.

I was getting frustrated with the smooth finish not helping with rejecting strings. I was trying to learn the rejection to slack from the previous TAW and I was like ugh I need to get good or switch yoyos. I took a break and practiced more, and I’m getting the rejection on my GTR-JS a LOT more consistently now, so I think I was actually doing something wrong anyway. I don’t do a ton of rejections so it was probably just lack of practicing that element.

3 Likes

I’m polishing the TiDehunter when I’m not throwing it. I started off doing both sides but pretty quickly shifted my focus to one.

8 Likes

Got my cenote today
Im very tempted
But this is first challenge i can do all month
So sticking to bathy

13 Likes

That’s a nice pair!

2 Likes

Day 22:

Had to re-grey one half of my Count after camping, so I"m out of commission for today. Once it’s ready again I’ll be switching to a new Catalyst proto string for the rest of the month.

Before its unfortunate accident, The Count had gained quite a cult following at the campground.

9 Likes

After 22 days of throwing my Banshee, I think I’ve finally broken in the oversized CLYW snow tire pads that I put in there. The yoyo is now decently unresponsive, which hopefully will result in less knuckle injuries than normal.

7 Likes

On day 22 I still feel the pull to throw my other yo-yos but it’s easier to dismiss. Still very much looking forward to the end of this but a nice side effect is that I’m growing a special fondness for my ONE that I think will remain with me indefinitely after this. I’m glad that I picked a good ONE. :rofl::+1:

7 Likes