Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

I’d call that a slip.

1 Like

Your call

1 Like

I’ll let the council decide my fate

1 Like

Honor system. You’re out when you say you’re out.

3 Likes

The way I see it… if you don’t make a conscious decision to give up, then you’re still in it.

1 Like

This is where Letter of the Law and Intent of the Law need to be decided and Judged by YOU.

“Play 1 yoyo for the Month”.

If you consider what you did “Play a different yoyo”? = Out

If you dont consider it “Play a different yoyo”? = Slip/ Still In.

Only you decide how hard you want to enforce this.

Or we let those that are still in Pass Judgement? Do we vote people off our island?

3 Likes

Just a slip, unless you want it to be more.

I’m starting to worry that if you wait too long you’ll be walking the streets at night, asking randos if you can teach them a yoyo trick. Or paying some dude to come round and throw your yoyos while you watch.

Maybe repurpose a yoyo as a guitar slide, sounds like you’ve got some blues in you

6 Likes

All I can picture is one of 2 things:

Either full on Survivor with throwers on a remote island trying to survive

Or the episodes in Community with meow-meow beans :beans: :joy_cat:

2 Likes

“HEY, YOU, COME HERE, I’LL GIVE YOU $5 TO WALK THE DOG AND LET ME WATCH FROM THE SHADOWS!”

Can’t fail the challenge if you’re mistakenly arrested and have no access to your throws.

:gets to the jail:
“So, I hear this was a misunderstanding and you’re just really into yoyos. I’ve got one right here, prove it, show me some tricks”
“Noooooooooo!”

8 Likes

Love the twist at the end :rofl:

1 Like

I think since the intention was to only unwind/destring and I did not actually throw the yoyo then it’s okay. If I put the yoyo on my finger or slippery eel style threw it to unwind it then I wouldn’t hesitate to eliminate myself from the challenge, as that feels wrong. It’s definitely a gray area though.

1 Like

Picturing the cop handing you a yoyo with a 10cm string saying that’s the max length allowable in the lock-up

3 Likes

My opinion, your still in.

Thumbs up this post if you agree.

Dont forget to hit the subscribe and notification bell.

15 Likes

I’m out. i havent thrown anything else, yet. i was playing and not feeling like focusing on tricks but just missed the metitative up and down of responsive. since i cant do that, i put my yoyo down and started doing something else. it dawned on me that the point of this “competition” wasnt to get me to NOT play. if the choice becomes between staying in and not throwing when i feel like something else vs tapping out and playing what i feel, im tapping. I’m still new enough that I’m in the honeymoon and discovery phase, so i feel like this is a bad time for me to limit my options. i wanna plaaaaaaay!! fun for me right now is playing with everything i can get my hands on every chance i get.

good luck to those still in. i learned a lot from this experience and i hope everyone else is gaining valuable insight on their journeys! :v:

11 Likes

Sounds like you got something out of the challenge. Intraspective!

4 Likes

Sounds more like yoyo maintenance to me. :wink:
You were just gripping the sides because the string was so old you wanted to make sure it was supported in case it snapped so it didn’t fall to the ground and get damaged.

2 Likes

I was going to mention tricks for Unresponsive to Responsive Tips.

Thick Lube or Grease in your bearing. Or Double/Tripple wraping bearing Loop. Half Spec Bearings…

But, there was a true realization from the journey!

1 Like

If somebody played with a yo-yo in their dreams would they be disqualified? If not @Son-of-Morris you might have a way out!

2 Likes

Not if they played their ONE in their dreams. LOL

Also brings up the argument of consciously doing it?

1 Like