Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

Still using bathysphere
And have a cenote on the way
I can do this

6 Likes

@Pun1sh3R bump

1 Like

Noted. I will update the list when I get to the office early next week.

1 Like

I did this! Almost threw a different yoyo in my dreams but I remembered the challenge :sunglasses:

1 Like

This was always more of a personal challenge than a competition. Thereā€™s no real ā€œlosingā€ especially; as Cody said, if you gained some insight. :wink:

3 Likes

no, i absolutely feel like i gained from the experience. insights were definitely gained. i feel like if it were a contest and simply a test of willpower i know i could refrain, but like you said its more a personal challenge and i always told myself if i stopped having fun id drop out. Iā€™m playing yoyo to have fun after all :grin:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Day 13 going well.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s a mighty fine trapeze stall you have yourself there.

Still righty?

2 Likes

13 days and its only getting easier, definitely miss some other yoyos but Iā€™m getting so in tune with this TiSS

4 Likes

Correct, Still righty.

Landed this after about the 1000th try. Asked my wife, Hey can you take a picture of this?

Eye roll, ā€œSureā€. (Translation: I dont want too and I think its stoopid, but ill do it.)

When she was getting my phone out of my pocket, I dropped the Trapeeze stall.

I say never mind. She makes a sound that doesnt have words to describe other than frustration and annoyance.

So this picture is ā€œStaggedā€.

You can see the dissatisfaction on my face.

But the shirt looks good!

8 Likes

Day 13 - Iā€™ve fallen.

The culprit: Blackout Wraith

And the other throws waiting to be played.

The pile of mail days collecting dust in the corner and a sprinkle of existential crisis didnā€™t help. I realized I was ready to mix things up. Iā€™m confident I would have lasted longer if I had chosen the Kushmaxx instead of the Gnome. The Gnome is excellent, but the Kush is more fun for me. So I sacrificed fun for function but realized I wasnā€™t progressing with finger spins as planned. The humidity and lack of a fingernail(Iā€™m working on it) impeded my progress.

Iā€™ve realized I enjoy having various throws to experience, and I donā€™t need to start culling my collection. I love playing with five different throws during a 30-minute time span. Thatā€™s what I enjoy. But now, occasionally, I may choose one throw, only use it for a day, and learn to appreciate it for its uniqueness.

Godspeed to everyone still throwing their One July.

13 Likes

Update;

The Ed Davidson, Alley Cat 650B, Arcade, Snack, Workhorse v.1, Golden Watlle Knack, Big Sun got thrown tonightā€¦

11 Likes

They werenā€™t thrown by me of course. Had some string time with the kids.

ā€œDaddy, throw that one!ā€

I cant, but you can.

ā€œYes Please!ā€

11 Likes

I noticed that Iā€™m not on the list if you would so kind as to add me. I have been throwing gen2 54 since it came in on the 2nd. I am planning on throwing until August 2nd. If I can make it. The metal Harbinger and my Bathysphere are taunting me.

3 Likes

I will get you added. Thanks for letting me know.

3 Likes

Sorry July, Iā€™ve failed. Got too many new throws from the 4th sales. G2 Galaxy Diver, G2 Grunt, OD Kraken, and I have a Canopy AL on the way. Too much temptation. I will say the OD 54 gen 2 was very good for almost 2 weeks.

7 Likes

2 weeks is pretty good. Iā€™ve been really questioning my resolve. I donā€™t know if I want to keep doing this. Iā€™m still in though.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s the nice thing about this challenge if you donā€™t like it you can stop and no harm

5 Likes

I am back home in the Houston area. We had to evacuate east. I did take my No Jive but not much throwing. We didnā€™t have much with us and we were pretty well roughing it.

fos1

5 Likes