Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

You are one sick **.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yesā€¦ I am not entertained. :rofl:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Still going strongā€¦and making no real progress.

4 Likes

Ive had to remind myself when I go to grab my PLTPS to not impulsively pick something else up. So far so good! I have bought new counter weights and some zipline strings- so Ive had fun changing things up while sticking with the 1 yoyo

3 Likes

Keeping the faith over here. Iā€™m starting to throw the TiDehunter (I swear thatā€™s whatā€™s on the other end of the string) with one of the Yozean counterweights I got.

My understanding is that counterweights like this and the monkey barrel are supposed to be able to travel up the string, but the bearing doesnā€™t sit inside the weight snugly and falls out with the bead when it does that.

I might be locking myself out of certain tricks, but my solution was to tie another bead at the other end so that the bearing canā€™t slide all the way outā€¦ Do other people do this? Am I missing a better way, short of using a slip knot like on a die counterweight?

1 Like

NO throw November

2 Likes

100% not down for non-dominant november LOL

6 Likes

somehow even less down for this suggestion

4 Likes

I donā€™t think youā€™re the first person to ask this.
Wrap the bearing in plumbers tape and itā€™ll wedge in neatly. If you donā€™t want the CW to move replace the bearing and bead with a fishing line weight and wrap it in tape if needed.

1 Like

You know. A nice Throw-Yo Ink string will add a different feel to your ONE throw this month!

3 Likes

You may have better luck stringing it the opposite direction so the larger opening of the cw faces the end of the string vs being on the yoyo side. I could be wrong but I think that centrifugal force will work more in your favor that way.

1 Like

This is true. Throw yo string hits different.

1 Like

But what about Design a yo-yo December?

1 Like

Thanks! Just a little fragment of Duct Tape on one side did the trick perfectly.

5 Likes

Almost lost just now.

Realized I left my ONE at work and went to grab and throw my Truck yoyo.

I feel naked. I cant even remember the last time I didnt have a yoyo in my pocket.

7 Likes

Day 10: still in.

Trying to figure out some 0A variation on Kwyjibo because Iā€™m seeing it on the forums and canā€™t do it fixie. Iā€™m sure someoneā€™s done it; maybe I just need to look it up. Iā€™ve been experimenting with replacing the first hop with both kickflip and varial with limited success landing (FWIW I think kickflipping it doesnā€™t work at all without a scoop under catch so it might as well be a varial?).

4 Likes

Day 10: Still in! Not as much throwing today but I still got about 45min of jamming in. Kinda learning a little bit here and there but trying to get that first zontal combo cleaned up and more consistent. My arm is getting used to horizontal throws and my GTR-JS is becoming an extension of my body. Iā€™m playing it enough that I probably will have to redo the silicone before the end of the month. Shredding my homemade nylon strings too. Iā€™ve been trying to put off making strings because I usually do it outside and its so hot, but Iā€™m gonna have to make some soon.

3 Likes

guess i havent so much checked in but Iā€™m still in it to win it. been chuckin my hunk oā€™ metal for almost 3 hours tonight on that new zs air string and at this point i have to say Iā€™m in love! my avalanche is a bit heavier than what Iā€™ve had previously and plays pretty heavy from what i can tell, but the airs are just the right amount of bouncy to do some shock absorbing and i feel like i can go faster with greater control. im not willing to say Iā€™m switching yet, but thats mainly because i just dont wanna say it out loud lol plus those exec lite colors are so classyā€¦ but i just cant get over how the airs feel :purple_heart:

4 Likes