Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

This is going to be my new yo-yo company

1 Like

I do believe this is a contest of willpower and @Captrogers isnā€™t maybe out due to a failure in willpowerā€¦

2 Likes

Also not a contestā€¦

3 Likes

what Iā€™m hearing is i might not have to go all month if everyone else just fails firstā€¦

yes, yes, look at all of your shinies! theyā€™re calling to youā€¦ theyā€™re calling to you all! shhh, just listenā€¦

5 Likes

Yoyos y Robert-o

Gotta get as many 'Yā€™s and 'Oā€™s in as you can manage to cram

3 Likes

What has been the most difficult part of this Adventure?

Spell check failed me

Inspired by @edhaponik today so doing my best (admittedly not great) impression.

9 Likes

Its taught me something. Iā€™ve spent a ton of time in my first couple of months of throwing trying to find that one ā€œmagicā€ yoyo that i feel so great about i donā€™t need anything else. last night i realized that i was going about it wrongā€¦

this contest has taught me that i donā€™t want to play with just one yoyo. unfortunately i realized that when i canā€™t play with anything else :crazy_face::rofl::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah

4 Likes

2 things.

#1 is completely dropping styles due to my choice of throw. I miss 2A the most, and felt like I had made a bunch of progress recently that Iā€™m concerned might regress.

#2 is I see things happening on the forums and I canā€™t fully participate. I worked on the trick-a-week for Gondola but didnā€™t record video before ONE July and Gondola seems impossible on a fixie to me, so I wound up not posting. I also followed @DaneMartin grinding tangler and would have hopped in with him working on it.

3 Likes

i lost

my new Asora version came in faster than expected, and i played it. Sorry, not sorry.

Good luck to everyone, itā€™s tough out here.

14 Likes

Do we have a running list of people still in it?

3 Likes

All the other yoyos I want to play with like 2 new ones I got in the mail but holding strong so far. Out of town for a couple days and only brought 1 yoyo so it should be easy the next couple days.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t had any slips yet! my yoyo display is beautiful all stacked up unused instead of 9 of them migrating to my desk :joy:

5 Likes

I had a list started at work. But will have to go back through and follow up on it.

I started adding Names as of July 1st. But I havemt updated it in a few days.

3 Likes

The choice was easy for me since Iā€™m only going to work on 2a this year. And these loop 720ā€™s can do way more than Iā€™m capable of. Other than my moment of weakness at the club meet up, itā€™s been no problem.

2 Likes

Seconded

3 Likes

Going without responsive.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t succumbed to that fatal attraction yet, but I have had other distractions, too. It is hard. I still have yoyos coming in.

1 Like