Get Ready for ONE July 2024!

Yesterday was all knots for me, seemed like every other throw resulted in either an axle knot or a string knot

2 Likes

Iā€™ve legitimately done this before even when a challenge wasnā€™t involved, haha!

Sometimes I throw a Green Triangle in there just to make a knot and change the game up to responsive a bit. Agent of Chaos.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still in, barely. I am mostly traveling and now Beryl may delay my return home in a few days. :frowning:

I guess my wooden No Jive will at least float. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day 6 little combo i do

8 Likes

Ok I accomplished my (admittedly I made it very accomplishable on purpose) goal for the month! Time to push for that Gentry Stein combo hahaha!

10 Likes

Day 5: I can do this. I have to work so I donā€™t have time to give the Peregrine proper attention anyway. Spent all my No Jive time trying to make the stars (or string) align for another kickflip. Kind of got a weird one by accident when the loop hooked on my thumb.

Day 6: If I donā€™t try the Peregrine out for a whole month, it might seem ungrateful. I donā€™t want to be ungrateful, right? RIGHT? Wait, how did that string get on there??

5 Likes

Iā€™ll just say, if I won a yoyo during this month I would totally fail! I already know what the yoyos I have are like, but a fresh hot new bimetal? I donā€™t think I could resist.

Stay strong! Or donā€™t this is a game for fun <3

5 Likes

Axle nots will do fine :saluting_face:

1 Like

Should have cleaned up all of these before July now they are just taunting me. Besides that all my yoyos cases et are within reach of of where I usually sit at home.

8 Likes

The temptation is real.

4 Likes

I see we have similar organizational standards :rofl::rofl::rofl: our yoyo piles look eerily similar :joy:

4 Likes

Aside from my one slip, Iā€™ve continued to rely on the amazing Dreamland to develop my 1.5 mount, and continue to improve my Skin the Gerbil and other things I usually do a little combo with.

4 Likes

I walked into my office and everywhere I look
There are YoYo

7 Likes

Resist the temptation!

1 Like

Simply touching and moving yo-yos is allowed id hope, otherwise Iā€™d have failed as well. Or is the temptation to throw so bad that you canā€™t even move them into a drawer without giving in? If so then I completely understand.

2 Likes

Good morning. Still in.

Funny anecdote. I was playing the Dead ā€˜Orse with a 3d printed clone of the CLYW Log counterweight (in plastic) and my wife said ā€œthose two things donā€™t go togetherā€ :joy:

11 Likes

You have taught her well. :rofl:

2 Likes

Day 7, and Iā€™m still going strong. Kwijibo is still kicking my ā– ā– ā– , though.

3 Likes

Iā€™m officially out (to no oneā€™s surprise, probably). :grin:

1. "If you dont complete the challenge; Why? Picture of the yoyo that caused you to fail?

The yo-yo gods are too cruel. I canā€™t win my first bimetal yo-yo and not play it.

I was surprised at how much progress I could make in just 5.5 days concentrating on one yo-yo and one style. I definitely would be up for this challenge again when I have more experience. I think Iā€™m going to stick to the No Jive on Fridays.

Congratulations to everyone still in it!

11 Likes

Itā€™s only been 7 days!!!

2 Likes