Genesis vs Supernova

Hey guys, question says it all, but if you’ve got the time don’t hesitate to explain your experiences with both and why you prefer one over the other.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Both are very nice yoyos. Very well balanced and great players.

In my experience, the Genesis plays lighter than the Supernova. It seems to want to travel along the string and through the air and a greater velocity than the supernova, and if you are a player who enjoys learning quicker contest style tricks, it would be the better choice of the two.

The Supernova has a more solid feel than the genesis and has a more consistent play style in motion. It has more rim weight making some horizontal tricks easier to maintain. Its capable of moving quickly although not so naturally as the Genesis.

I will say that in terms of future 5A play, the genesis feels like much more of a 5A player than the supernova. Its weight and play makes it a nice 5A throw that compliments the CW well during play.

Either way, you are sure to be satisfied as both yoyos are quite highly thought of in the community.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

J.
:slight_smile:

Hmmm. Well I’m still undecided between the two, and I keep leaning back and forth. I know they are both quality products and I wont be dissapointed by either, but I do prefer my throws to have a decent amount of float or at the very least not to play heavy. I don’t like the feeling of having to pusssshhhhh the yoyo around. I’ve heard different opinions on which of these two plays lighter, so I’d love to hear more. Anyone?

The supernova has more float.
The genesis is Much more solid

And the genesis feels heavier

The genesis is a much more “floaty” yoyo than the supernova as the supernova has more “bulk” to it and feels more solid.

During play, the genesis will feel much lighter than the supernova despite physical weight being similar.

J.

TOUGH call, but I would go with the genesis. It’s a quick yoyo with a lot of heft. I dig it.