Genesis family portrait

16 Likes

Wait… the Aviator is considered a Genesis? :exploding_head:

@EOS44 what else is in this “family tree”?

2 Likes

Are all of these what you consider “H” shape @codinghorror?

(grabs his calipers)

Some look like H, some look like W. Straight angle from the response to the rim means W as far as I’m concerned though… I hail from the iYoYo school of H!

1 Like

Is there a GenXs in there?

2 Likes

Doh, forgot that one. I’ll add it in at some point.

1 Like

“Timmy! Get in here! Were taking a family photo!”

1 Like

They’re definitely on the same family tree. The blue one in the 2nd row from top right column is a Luis Enrique Genesis which lead into the Aviator series.

I should add the Grind Machine 2 and maybe the original Superstar. as the early ancestor.

4 Likes

So now I think you need to arrange them chronologically/genealogically, to show what led to what. On second thought, that might be too linear to be interesting.

1 Like

Genesis and Aviator have always been my favorites! Definitely similar family tree!

The ‘first’ Aviator I still think was one of the best designs ever.

Which edition is your favorite @Nathan?

Also - no Grind Machine 2? I think it was the original Genesis!

4 Likes

I actually got this from you @Nathan many moons ago in a trade!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that left to right across the rows top to bottom is chronological.

The Luis Enrique Genesis I think is my favorite. I also like the Neo and the Doomsday a lot.

I do need to add in Grandpa GM2 as well.

2 Likes

Everything is in there except for the GenXs. He’s got everything, even both USA and China made Aviator 2s.

2 Likes

It’s missing the original broad pad model too since I didn’t feel like finding one and the body is the same as the slim pad one.

1 Like

I need a bi metal Genesis at some point. My JonRob Genesis is still my favorite yo-yo of all time.

Edit: I’d also add that the Shutter seems like an iteration of the Genesis design as well. It just reduces the flair of the rims and steepens the drop from rims to catch zone.

1 Like

What about the yuuksta?
I think it was a just smaller genesis made for someone

Super g and g funk were also genesis family y
They were gentry’s take on the genesis

And i guess to some extent the og replay

Rockstar/Catalyst/Super G series was all pretty heavily Genesis.

I know, right?!?! My personal favorite.

Yep, Luis had his own version of the Genesis then came the Aviator. It’s in the Genesis family :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is right! I forgot about the Luis Genesis!!!

IMG_4793

2 Likes