General Yoyo Thoughts

Lol yea my bad - its because I had diff descriptions on dim images - ‘yes’ ima fix that right now actually LOL

If you click through you’ll get the full description LOL

4 Likes

I think we have very different ideas on what bounce is. Your strings last forever and are great and all but Dragons and Drakens are stiff and have some of the least bounce out of any string out there imo. I wouldn’t call your other blends(haven’t tried the newer ones) particularly bouncy either.

When I think of bounce I think of nylon like Airetic or soft plush poly like YYSL Ammo

Gotta try Copernicus sir. And theres another formula that we haven’t dropped yet that is practically ‘sponge’ lol.

Dragon and Draken are most definitely stiff - no falsehoods there. That’s in the descriptions and I have them filtered on my site as ‘stiffest crunchy’ option lol. Also to clarify - I don’t necessarily classify bounce as literally ‘bouncy’. I could have been more clear about that distinction. Sounded more like the original question was around not wanting a string to feel lifeless. That’s why I called attention to Copernicus being specifically ‘bouncy’ on it’s own. By bounce I more so refer to the ‘life’ that the string has when played. They manipulate in a way that allow the thrower to get bouncy and have that level of feedback in play.

At any rate - you gotta try Copernicus and Blue Eyed White Dragon first if you want your claim to stick
elsewise you’re inconclusive - batch 2 ie ‘the new ones’ make up ‘half’ the whole line LOL : P

7 Likes

Is dragon a poly blend? I always thought it was nylon.

I DONT BELIEVE IT, I’ve tried many strings, including many super-long lasting poly strings and none of them were anywhere close to being bouncy, they’ve all been stiff and somewhat dragon-like.

I’ll. Be. Back.

12 Likes

My man is on a MISSION LOL - preciate ya fam :joy:

4 Likes

Yup - weird rumor started some time back that they were nylon but naw - always been poly.

5 Likes

I’m amazed that it lasts so long, wow! Usually poly doesn’t last and whip that way, that’s crazy

4 Likes

It’s a different type of poly.

I ain’t ever played or heard of a bouncy poly string with dragon life span though!

3 Likes

How long does the string maintain it’s playability without being washed?

Also just wondering, how did you achieve maximum “bounce,” what qualities of your string are different that make it physically better for bounce?

Having one string last a year is a really cool idea, and I think it would be an awesome shift compared to having a bunch of old string lying around (and 100s of messy knots of bulk string lol)

2 Likes

Def wanna see what you have to say bout Copi for certain.

It’s 2-fold - the dye of the string fibers and the twisting style, which is rather tight. Each dye color yields diff characteristics and different abrasion on the fibers. The longevity has to do with the tightness of the twist and the actual quality of sourced material itself.

3 Likes

Hey thanks, very kind of you! But I don’t want to bother you because I’m in France and shipping cost could be annoying. :sweat_smile: In any case, I’ll be ordering some different strings from the recommendations here once I burn through these Kitty I got recently.

1 Like

I hear you on that… I got lucky (considering it’s hard to find SE in the EU) to get red domes to match my red 54.

4 Likes

This sounds like the one for me. I love some bounce and my sweaty hands need some humidity resistant strings!

Do you ever worry about making strings that last too long in this age of planned obsolescence? :joy:

Thanks a ton for the lowdown on your string formulas, I’m looking forward to trying some out soon! I really do need longer lasting strings.

Also, as far as side effects, I do like to have options other than just light ones. So even though brass is a bit extreme, for example, they are interesting to have.

1 Like

Yea I typically don’t use brass myself - I did when I was younger and preferred that kinda blunt ‘thud’.

As far as obsolescence - definitely ‘would’ be a concerned if I wasn’t selling other products on the shop lol.

1 Like

I like yoyos, and I <3 this community. But it’s a mad, mad world out there y’all

8 Likes

My 54 setup lately is with flat caps and a concave hybrid ceramic.

1 Like

Been watching some Takeshi freestyles today and god help me @andy569 I think I need to get myself a Turning Point eventually.

Also considering trying a Recognition at some point.

1 Like

I’ll start collecting them once I actually have money :joy:

Also, peep some Takeshi 3a

Only person to place top 5 at worlds in 3 divisions?

5 Likes