General Yo Majesty Review

General Yo Majesty

Introduction
Recently General Yo has released one of the most desirable Yo-Yos on the market. This another competition style throw from General Yo with the weight based in the rim. I find this throw is very similar to the KLR. When the Majesty was released it was released with a 7075 alloy and a 6061 Limited edition Purple Mountain. Since 7075 is slightly denser that 6061 the Purple Mountain is about 1 gram lighter.

Specs
7075:
• Diameter: 55.10 mm
• Width: 43 mm
• Gap: 4.35 mm
• Weight: 66.9 grams
• Bearing: Size C AIGR Bearing
• Response: General Yo Thick Hat Pads
• Diameter: 55.10 mm
• Width: 43 mm
• Gap: 4.35 mm
• Weight: 65.5 grams
• Bearing: Size C AIGR Bearing
• Response: General Yo Thick Hat Pads

Weight
On the Majesty most of the weight is focused on the rims making it very stable during play. As far as speed,I’ve never played a 7075 but the 6061 plays very fast but never plays faster than you want
10/10
Response
As always General Yo has the Majesty come stock with their impressive Hat Pads. Hat Pads take a little time to break in but after they are broken in they are phenomenal while lasting a long time.
10/10
Bearing
The bearing is General Yo’s own AIGR bearing. These bearing are made out the same metal that the U.S Military. I find this bearing to be very similar to a One-Drop 10 Ball just a little bit louder due to only having 8 Balls compared to 10.
8.5/10
Construction
This Yo-Yos construction is very similar to the KLR. It has the rims of a classic butterfly with a very aggressive V catch zone. The overall shape of this Yo-Yo makes it very comfortable in the hand making throws feel more natural. The Majesty comes with General Yo’s custom blast making it very good for grinds. The step of the response keeps the string off the response during pay very well allowing longer spin times and less snagged strings.
10/10

Playability
As far as playability goes this Yo-yo will blow your MIND. The Majesty will handle anything you throw at from intrucat combos to simple picture tricks like Eiffel tower. With the wide gap it allows you to have multiple string layers while doing tricks. This gap also makes it good for Eli hops and other tricks that require string hit after string hit.
10/10

Overall Thoughts
My opinion on this Yo-Yo is that it is one of the best Yo-Yos out on the market right now. If you EVER have the chance to pick up one of these Yo-Yos do it. DON’T HESITATE

You got all that right!

Main difference between 6061 and 7075 would be 6061 seems a bit faster while the 7075 seems a bit more stable. I actually enjoy both of them equally… but it’s interesting to have the same yoyo with two different feels/properties. Quite cool actually.

Also, I will NEVER sell my Majesties :smiley:

Very nice review. I would have to agree with everything you have said…

Everytime I play a different yoyo for a while and then go back to the Majesty, it just blows me away with how good it is, Like rediscovering it all over again. Hands down the best throw I own.

Good review, only suggestion is to maybe throw a few pictures in there.