Geedorah thoughts

I have been seriously looking at one of these lately but would like to hear from those who have had some time with it. I know it’s been out less than a month but I gots to know.

Does it play as good as it looks?

1 Like

I haven’t had a lot of throw time with mine, but for me so far, it’s fantastic. It’s one of the smoothest throws I have and spins a long time. To me, it seems like a cross between a OD and Yoyofriends. OD smoothness and shape, YYF finish. It also surprised me by how light on the string it is. I figured it would have a little thunk at the end and be a little weighty, but it didn’t. It’s quick to redirect and light on the string. I don’t know if it’s “fast”, but it moves easily compared to my Grasshopper GTX. The color and finish are astonishing. Brilliant and perfect. Finally, the shape is super smooth and organic feeling. Wide catch, but not a super wide like an iQ.

The one knock so far and this could admittedly be user error is it seems to be more tilt-friendly. I’m no expert, but I have other throws, and this one seems to get off-plane easier. That said, it doesn’t diminish the experience much and is easily corrected. Just something I noticed.

Overall, very happy with this one and definitely recommend.

1 Like

Danotje,

Thank you for the reply, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I have the IQ but haven’t thrown it much, I find myself reaching for my Exia most of the time.

As it turns out I had the Rust Orange in my cart and when the Top Deck dropped I ended up getting both.

The next dilemma will be what to throw first :grin:

Howard

3 Likes

Glad I could help. If I’m honest, I bought it after seeing someone post a picture of a red one. The wide-organic looking shape appealed to me and so did the specs, so I picked it up. Absolutely love the shape, and I think it’s going to be similar to the Top Deck, actually. I’ve got a gray one heading to mom’s for Christmas. They look similar, but the specs, particularly the weight, are different. I expect the TD to hit a little heavier, sort of like the Grasshopper. Because of that, I think both will be in the long term rotation, and I think the Geedorah will hold its own against the TD.