Has anyone tried the One Drop Intro yet?

The price is definitely good. I like the shape. Found one video review but it was not very informative.

6 Likes

I just got mine today. It’s honestly the prettiest version of Saturday Market I’ve seen them do - mine is simply stunning.

Handfeel is very similar to the old Duncan FHZ - nice clean organic. It is a bit unstable - off-plane play will show. Very smooth and long spin. Has nice presence on the string but not chunky. While the flat bearing was really smooth and nice, I was getting some snags when the string would slide up against one of the sides. Because there is no schmoove groove or anything, it causes some significant grab if the string snugs up against the side. However, switching over to a centering bearing not only solved that, but increased the stability as well.

Finish seems to be the standard pyramatte so grinding is no problem. Takes plenty of wraps and the response is confident even at low rpm.

Take my hype with a grain of salt because I just got it in the mail, but I am loving this thing. OD killed it with this one. Plays well above its price point for sure.

15 Likes

Seems like a non-SE version of the Parlay. :thinking:

4 Likes

Like seriously how awesome is that!?!?

21 Likes

Got mine today. Unfortunately it’s NOT Saturday Market finish, that thing is GoRgEOuS! Only had a few minutes to try, real test comes in the next day or two, but it’s nice, especially for the price. Smooth, stable, and fun. No disappointments here. Didn’t ring Parlay to me, of which I have two and throw fairly often, seemed closer to General Yo 5 Star maybe, I’ll have to consider that more when I have a chance to throw it for a longer amount of time.

4 Likes

how would you say it compares to the Parlay? their profiles are similar so that’s what i thought initially, but i’d be keen to hear more about how their play differs :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is beautiful. Fire and Ice.

4 Likes

What color is that? I’m not on top of OD colors that much. But dang, I like the way that looks.

EDIT: Nvm, took my lazy self to the OD website. That’s the Sat Market color folks are mentioning. Nice.

EDIT 2: Also, I’m a knucklehead because you said it was Sat Market in your first post. I no read gud. Sigh.

4 Likes

Outstanding yo-yo from One Drop.

But then again; what’s new.

That is their standard procedure.

17 Likes

WOW. Like I said these Saturday Market are SO GOOD!!!

3 Likes

Such nice pictures from everyone I had to bag one.
Anyone know how that color way got it’s name?

3 Likes

And the award for best personalized license plate ever goes to yoyodoc!

2 Likes

not sure but found this website on google and am thinking it’s the inspiration

@da5id Is this correct? Also, I have been begging for a rerelease of the M1, this is awesome! Just out of curiosity, any chances on a M1 rerelease? lol

5 Likes

IMO the new OD Intro plays more like a smaller A-RT/G2 Life with some extra weight. It is also a little bigger and doesn’t feel at all like a Parlay.

4 Likes

My Shogun Intro just showed up in the mail before work today. I haven’t had a lot of time to play with it, but it spins SMOOTH. The finish is textured unlike any of my other throws, and in play the yoyo moves in a really satisfying way. I can’t wait to break it in a little and get more familiar with it! (Also, it’s diameter and width are almost identical to my YYJ Ex Con… Just thought that was mildly interesting!)

4 Likes

Snagged one in a purple/black halfswap and the Onedrop folks were good enough to comply with my request for a matching Silhouette!

Intro is very good. Was just alright until I put a grooved bearing up in there. Now it’s freaking amazing. Nice and dense, but moves well, and a nice small form factor.

11 Likes

How do you like it compared to the Silhouette? I just got my Silhouette in today and am really digging it. Not a fan of the lack of grindability, but I have quite a few other yoyos that are grind power houses, so that’s a very small issue.

Also, I love the customer service at OD. Doing that half swap for you was huge.

3 Likes

It was! They are some great dudes. The silhouette is definitely not the same as the intro. Silhouette moves quick and is a lot more stable. The Intro is a little more of a challenge, stability-wise, but is a great all-arounder.

2 Likes

I have a Clear and Black half swap Intro on its way to me, can’t wait to get it and try it out and you KNOW I aint swapping the stock bearing out! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve got one, best forty bucks I ever spent. I just got black.

3 Likes