Gear heads ( If it’s got a motor and wheels)

So anyone out there a gear head as well?

Well I might as well post it.

Project Sandman
Mine and my fathers “ fun” truck
515hp 383 stroker mated to a th350.

3 Likes

Right here. Pretty much into anything with a motor.

2 Likes

Bro, I’m willing to bet you and I would get along really well

1 Like

Always wanted to get more into this realm for a hobby. Any recommendations for starting? Good begineer projects, forums, so on?

1 Like

Lol. I think your right. Great minds

1 Like

RC cars is going to be a great and relatively affordable option to unleash your inner gear head. I found that repairing/modding rc cars is just as rewarding as working on my truck or dirt bike at times.

3 Likes

I agree If you are looking more full sized car I’d recommend an oldschool VW bug or super bug

Super easy to work on easy to find parts . Pretty inexpensive with a huge support and a huge page www.thesamba.com

2 Likes

Once upon a time. Used to race stock cars and drag motorcycles. Walked away after a few close calls at 100+ mph. So many hours in the garage.

3 Likes

Yeah my lawyer does standing mile on a punchedout 1500 turbo Hayabusa, I asked him to put me in his will. He spun a tire at 190mph he switched the carbon fiber wheels back to aluminum. He said if he had padding on his seat he would have pinched a hole in it.

3 Likes

And you have good taste in trucks. Im slowly convincing the wife we need a project car. A c10 stepside is at the top
Of the list, or a 240/260/280z

1 Like

There is a skyline gts rhd for sale here in town ugly but restorable

1 Like

Just in general I recommend Arrma trucks tough as nails and pretty dang affordable for RC 3s brushless for a beginner and 6s if you have some pretty serious experience

1 Like