gasket maker vs silicone

while i was looking for flowable sili i went to my auto parts store and i found RTV silicone and a whole bunch of gasket maker

now i know that gasket maker works but i was wondering what color works best for tight binds but not to grabby?

RTV works the best In my opinion. Red, to be exact.

Not sure on gasket.

RTV silicone, or room-temperature vulcanization silicone is normally used to make gaskets (hence the name gasket maker) around car parts like an oil pan . RTV silicone comes in a rainbow of different colors. These colors show the abilities of the RTV silicone. These abilities are things like high-temp resistant, chemical resistant, sensor safe and things like that. I’m not sure, but I think that most of the colors are pretty much the same nowadays.

The flowable silicone that we use in yoyos is also called a glass and windshield sealant. It is made to flow out evenly in cracks and then seal them. Therefore, it is a bit easier to apply than other types of silicone.

Look at the tubes/cartridges and you will see what the silicone is meant to be used for. Red RTV gasket maker is a popular choice, but there’s really nothing wrong with a regular windshield sealant.

Addment: If you read the article on silicone on Wikipedia, it actually states that silicone is used in yoyos:

[quote=""]

2 Likes