Game of T.H.R.O.W

Before me & my friend got into yoyoing, we were pretty avid skaters. Many are familiar with the game of S.K.A.T.E., one person does a trick, the other person tries to do it. If they can’t, they get a letter. First to get all 5 letters of skate loses.

So me & my friend did the same thing, but on yoyos with “T.H.R.O.W.” Try to land a hidemassa hook, do my combo, etc, or get a letter. I have a lot of good memories of that. Anyone else ever do this?

13 Likes

Yes! We love this game!

We usually play B-I-N-D and everyone does a fancy bind they know and repeat around the circle, etc. We have found sticking to binds made it easy for people to learn from eachother - but we have also done it as you mentioned with hooks and stuff, etc. Just the more straight forward the better since its easy to lose someone in a combo quickly!

Super popular in Kendama too where they do the same thing spelling KEN or DAMA (and that is more just simple trick based).

I like using ‘THROW’ as the abbreviation though! If you come up with any other cool variations let us know - I’m always looking for cool new games for our club meets! :blush:

11 Likes

Butterfly HORSE is a late night contest staple which is yo-yo HORSE using a Duncan Butterfly

5 Likes

Butterfly horse is great! Haha:
https://www.instagram.com/p/cwnWhoEp6M/

Also - we have been here before! :blush:

1 Like

We tried to do a game using the 1a trick ladder at our last meet, but it didn’t go so well. I guess it lasted too long, and people lost interest.

We’ll try something different next time. Good to get ideas.

We could do the THROW thing with the Rehease Live Legend Wings!

1 Like