g.5 vs black knight

im looking for a second player so i can have one for NC States. I can get a g.5 or a black knight and i am looking for a yoyo that is somewhat small and can take many strings in the gap? Anyone got a review on either of these??? ;D

These are two completely different yoyos. The G.5 is a quirky, light player. It spins well and true, but its small size and weight are hard to control. I like mine very much, but I would never freestyle with it.

The Black Knight is a yoyojam half-metal, and is quite large. First, its 71 grams, which is pretty heavy (with most yoyos comfortably around 66 grams). It is also pretty big for a 1a yoyo, it is the signature yoyo of an offstring player. So if you want small, don’t get a black knight. However, if you want small, don’t go too small! The G.5 is a mini yoyo. Be warned :slight_smile:

If you wanted a yoyo that is simply “undersized”, and not necessarily mini, I’d suggest an eight8eight by Yoyofactory. AMAZING player, good weight, was Yoyo of the Year in 2007. You can even get a B-Grade one for pretty cheap if you look well enough.

B-Grade means that the yoyo had a small defect when it was made. There may be a little vibe, or there may be a little coating problem with the coloring or anodization. The B-Grades are sold at a lesser price, and are really good bargains. I recommend one of them.

a “mini yoyo” you mean like a mighty flea because i would never get one of those

Its not quite as small as a mighty flea. Check out this picture

That was my collection. Look in the top right. Black yoyo with white engravings and green hubstacks. Thats a G.5. Look at it compared to the yoyos around it. Very very small.

Thanks for the warning. I think i may follow up on getting one though, but first, is it about the same size as an M1 or smaller?

Smaller than the M1. An M1 is also the size of an 888. I would of suggested it, actually, I just forgot about it :slight_smile: