Further Swimming pool gripes

Well here’s my gripe / moan.
We have a very nice local swimming pool with good showers etc. They also have hair dryers for everyones use in the changing rooms.
What i find annoying is people using these to dry their entire body, i mean, really. use a towel for pete’s sake. Its a hair dryer which will no doubt burn out alot quicker when left on max for the 25mins it takes to body dry, not to mention the environmental impact.

Thanks guys, just needed to offload there.

11 Likes

Having been a lifeguard for several decades, I’ve often observed swimmers using the dryers as you describe. It was usually due to people being cold, the hot showers were in use or the hot water had ran out. It would be fun to watch them use the dryer to warm their lower extremities. lol You could just take extra towels for them next time. :upside_down_face:

As a ski instructor I often see people in front of the hand dryers, warming their gloves and bodies.

3 Likes

I can totally sympathise if its mid winter, swimming in a lake.
But its the middle of summer here, showers are nice and warm, and its an indoor pool.

2 Likes

If it takes somebody 25 minutes to dry their body with a hair dryer; I would suggest capturing them with a large net and taking them directly to Weight Watchers!

25 minutes? Lol

10 Likes

It gets worse.
Because they’re taking so long, you end up deliberately taking extra time to dry your feet with a towel, so you don’t look like some kind of weirdo hanging around the changing rooms with no good reason, and then berating yourself for not walking straight out without using the hair dryer, and now you’ve waited just enough time that it would look odd not to use the hair dryer.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

2 Likes

Indoor pool in the summer! That’s just wrong. :scream:

2 Likes

Its very local to me. With very nice changing rooms / showers.
We also have a very nice outdoor but its just a little bit farther, and when you’ve been at work all day its a pain to cycle that far. Its also heated so in the winter its mosty toastie (well almost :grinning:).

1 Like

Wow just noticed the title changed from Have a gripe / moan to using hair dryers. Must be those pesky editing abilities :smiley:

I was going to start on my next gripe about litter. Don’t know if i should now, its got nothing to do with hair dryers :smiley:

1 Like

You should, and then add it to the title! Imagine how long it will be!

3 Likes

Well this is awkward…

I thought everyone used hair dryers to dry off their entire body…

7 Likes

I do a lot of things for a living. I have seen a lot of things to make people turn! Hell, where do we draw the line? Is nothing sacred anymore! The world may never know!

2 Likes

It took me a while to realize you were talking about corded hair dryers. I didn’t read carefully and thought you meant the wall mounted hand dryers. That seems significantly harder to do.

5 Likes

I’m now having visions of this guy crouching under a wall mounted hand dryer :smiley: Which i could forgive because of the comedy value.

1 Like

Unrelated but kind of related

You ever use a urinal to take a shower?

3 Likes

There are alot of similarities between the vid & the hairdryer situation, details of which i will not be drawn on.

3 Likes

I’m dead :joy:

1 Like

Relax, I am not really a business sales man, I just play one on t.v.
Custodian: I no clean. I’m not clean! Ok!

I agree. There are a guys at the gym that do it all the time.

4 Likes

LOL I was also thinking that, I was picturing someone straddling a hand drier.

3 Likes

I’ve seen them do the wall mounted hand dryer trick before the gym installed the hand held hair dyers. Either way it’s quite a weird sight when they’re drying the “extremities”. Especially when they seem to linger longer than usual in spots.

4 Likes