Funny things nonyoyoers say

Perhaps not funny but I’ve heard: How much is something like that? (answer “it’s about blah blah dollars”) You paid how much? For a yoyo?

8 Likes

I’ve gotten these questions recently out in public;
Why do you have some many?
What is the best one?
How come it spins so long?
How do you make the string bend like that?
Why do you have two of them? (Playing 2A)
How do you do that?
Its made of metal?

11 Likes

Is that a rubber string?

4 Likes

Trying to think of the most common. Maybe “that must take a lot of practice,” or how long have you been doing that? Problem is neither is funny.

2 Likes

Me: yoyoing outside

One dude: “Bro you got too much time on your hands”

15 Likes

Is there a motor in that thing?

6 Likes

Very true statement!!!

3 Likes

So about 6 months after I started, my Dad is between jobs and sees one of my Spinworthy throws. Out loud he states “I could make that!, And you’ve been doing this awhile- you know what the best shape is.” I tried explaining to him it’s all in the eye of the beholder, and he tried to argue that one must be superior and that I know what it is. The conviction. I could almost hear his blood boil while I gave him the right tool for the job analogy.

8 Likes

me doing eli hops.
nonyoyoing onlooker: “do the rocket ship again”

3 Likes

once i brought up yoyo competitions in front of a nonyoyoer and the following conversation arose.
is there really a yoyo competition?
yes.
is it, like, who can walk the dog best?
no, its much more complex. you get scored points for every time you hit the string. there’s much more rules then that but that’s the general idea.
wow, are you pretty good?
I’m decent, I went to one competition and got smoked though.
is there only one competition?
no there’s a lot. there’s the regional, state, national, and world competitions.
I bet you could win worlds.
what I’m thinking…
you didn’t listen to me at all, did you?

7 Likes

FYI, I’ve had every single one of these questions asked to me at least once before. except the red bull yoyo one. I’ve never had a yoyo with that colorway. its pretty sweet btw.

7 Likes

Sometimes I get tired of nonyoyoer’s stupidity :joy:

2 Likes

sometimes i get tired of my siblings stupidity. :wink::joy:

2 Likes

It is funny how things we think are second nature, can be something totally foreign to others.

3 Likes

Whenever I play responsive around others, no matter what tricks I do snap starts always get a “Whoa what was that one?!”

7 Likes

Sometimes I feel bad for those who have never seen yoyo tricks

4 Likes

What wretched existences they lead.

1 Like

Most yoyo tricks beyond the beginner level will never impress anyone much except throwers. A lot of swinging around and around, throwing sideways blah blah blah blah etc. a well-executed rock the baby and your snap start will always please way more than a tangle-of-string trick.

10 Likes

I’m always glad when they show interest in yoyoing. Questions have to begin based on their knowledge, perception, experience of all things yoyo. I just find it funny that more of them don’t ask where they can get a super cool yoyo of awesomeness! :yo-yo: (@twitch77 How do you like that green yoyo emoji?!)

6 Likes

I was so happy when they put it on the iPhone :grin: :yo-yo:

2 Likes