Full sized around $50

Hey everyone,

I know that these threads have been done to death but with the release of quite a few C3s in this price range i am curious. I know that I’ve always promoted saving up for a really good yoyo instead of buying several cheaper ones but i am looking for one that I wont have to worry about dinging it or anything too much. Pretty much I am currently looking at the accelerator and dont know where to go from there. Advise away if you will.

orbis, hatchet2

YYF TooHOT is one of my favourite yoyos I’ve ever thrown, forget the “at that price” disclaimer, but EVER. Naturally your mileage may vary, but those of us who love it seem to really love it.

Agree with Greg, Too HOT is awesome!

You guys are making this hard in a good way.

Pretty sure that’s a Toohot.

OneDrop Rally! 45 bucks, definitely full sized, plays fantastic, and to top it all off, it’s plastic so you don’t have to worry as much about dinging it!

I’m not sure if you’re looking for a plastic yoyo, but if you’re willing to consider it, the Rally is fantastic, and definitely plays as well as, if not better than, most every yoyo in the same price range. It’s one of my favorites!

P.S. You can grind with a Rally too! It’s molded, but then machined after so it’s super smooth feeling and playing.

You must get a Hatchet 2. I can’t stop throwing mine.

Level 6?

Some others to look at:

Whimsy Roar
Duncan Torque
Yoyofactory Czech Point (not released yet)
Yoyofficer Lava or orbis

Also if you’re going for plastic I’d say diffusion 2

I’m probably getting a torque or a toohot.thanks everyone!

1 Like

Those are definitely my 2 favorites. The stepped profile of the torque is really unique and reminds me of yoyomonsters lineup which I love. The bell shape on the Too hot is nice and comfy though. The added beadblast of the too hot helps with grinds too and helps with the feel of it as well.

unique
reminds of something else

1 Like

What bearing comes in the toohot?
I’m getting a 50 ish throw soon and I like the idea of the bearing already being upgraded.

Oh and the hatchet. What bearing comes in that?

whenever a yoyos is $50 they’re all unresponsive

TooHOT comes with a Center Trac. I believe my Golden Galaxy edition actually came with a CTX (10-ball Center Trac) though they didn’t particularly advertise it thus. Either way, it’s a great bearing.

The Too HOT comes with a Center Trac bearing installed. It’s a great budget metal and a great throw all around. I use mine all the time.

You can go to the stats at the bottom of the product page on YYE for any yoyo in question to see what bearing it comes with.

Original Hatchet:

Diameter: 56.00 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 44.80 mm / 1.76 inches
Gap Width: 4.2 mm / .16 inches
Weight: 65.8 grams
Bearing Size: CBC Center Trac
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

Response: YOYOFFICER Black Silicon Pads
Also Compatible W/ CBC or K-Pad
(Slim Pad Size)

Hatchet 2:

Diameter: 55.94 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 44.36 mm / 1.75 inches
Gap Width: 4.60 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 65.8 grams
Bearing Size: Grooved Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

Response: YOYOFFICER Black Silicon Pad
Also Compatible W/ CBC or K-Pad
(Slim Pad Size)

Thanks!
That’s what I meant. I’m looking for ones that come with any type of divot and preferably 10 balls.

Need I say: Shutter

The basic shutter comes with a cbc spec bearing.
Looking at the pics of the upgraded one does make it look like it has a center track or something.

But the standard has a flat bearing.