FTY - Project Ti - Delivery Update!

Looks great! Just trying to figure out if I want blast or machine. Does the blast get a fingerprint patina? Will it be a string cutter if you tend to adjust string tension from split bottom mount?

4 Likes

price target below $245 and holding. no patina on the blast. the manufacturer masks the area of concern if i understand what you are yalking about

6 Likes

Maybe……

2 Likes

playing them side by side is frickin wild man. i’m happy with it, i’m glad we moved on this project.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what is the gap width on this bad boy?

2 Likes

This is very exciting!

3 Likes

edited

3 Likes

I want to give you money

4 Likes

Ive never felt blasted ti, closest ive got is a pair of tumbled ti begleri from ao2 which feel very slick.
Are these sort of the same or do they feel closer to blasted aluminium?

4 Likes

Looks like a real comfy shape. And THANK YOU for rounding the outside edges. That’s the main gripe I have with a lot of organic titaniums these days, they’re not pleasant to catch or even hold.

4 Likes

it’s a very different feel
than blasted aluminum - maybe similar to what you’re talking about, maybe like a cool (temp)
satin or something, or a well used firemen’s slide pole at the playground

3 Likes

The only matte finish titanium I own is my AMS Luftverk 000, which feels a little like its teflon-coated.

2 Likes

i had an ams alpina and i know what you’re describing…. that is slick

1 Like

I think i have a Ti AO² that your talking about and the blasted Project Ti feels very similar to this guy.

6 Likes

Good to know! Thanks☺️

2 Likes

So it’s tomorrow… in some places… just sayin’. :blush:

2 Likes

Bulletin:

Project Ti

Titanium Yoyo

Specifications 53x42mm 63g 4.36mm gap

priced just below $245

Preorders begin now

Deadline to be entered: Tuesday OCT 12

Deadline for partial payment: Committal Day

Deadline to be fully paid: NOON Friday, OCT 15

Preorder process. It is not fast. I have a great relationship with my manufacturer, and they do a lot to help me out. But, 60 - 90 days is the estimated time to get a yoyo… I’ve gotten them in a month… but I’m just telling you, I’ve waited before too. You will order and pay for it, and wonder and wait, a lot. Waiting is the hardest part. But the end result is great. This also helps us as a small business - we’re waiting with you and that’s our word.

With the worst out of the way…

Project Ti is ready for your preorder. Modeled after our original release, the Project Y, we’ve taken the same 7068 specifications and adapted them to our new Titanium yoyo. From some of our past posts you can see the detailed changes we’ve made and if you have questions feel free to ask, but the main adjustment was on the inside of the cup where we removed a lot of mass.

I will keep you folks apprised of all updates I get throughout, which aren’t many. But I will.

Project Ti will be available in blasted and raw. To order, contact me directly. I can be reached on @FairTradeYoyos predominantly. Thank you all, and I look forward to speaking with you.

11 Likes

Did the dimensions change from when you made the first post? Back then the specs were 53x42.

1 Like

typo my bad… i’ve had several yoyos going lately

@zslane thank you i had it typed out wrong everywhere :man_facepalming:

1 Like