From Beyond the Yo-Yo Universe

My significant other doesn’t understand why a grown man still plays with toys, but still found time to create these righteous custom Yo-Yo accessories. I just had to show them off!

Moonshine OG (left), El Mijo 6061 (right)

Anyone else receiving yo-yo love from outside the believers?

26 Likes

I like the skulls! That’s really cool and I’m a little jelly. My so is supportive but thinks I’m still doing the same tricks I was when I first started…can’t tell the difference at all which is kind of what yoyoing just looks like to non players oh well!

6 Likes

My wife also is kind of disinterested in the yoyo stuff but she got me a spinstar when at the store cause she thought i might like it. It’s not in any way a great or amazing yoyo but the fact she saw it and decided to get it for me makes it better than most of my collection.

9 Likes

I’m very thankful to have a supportive SO. She’s always asking what new yo-yos I got and wants to help pick out the colors of new ones. She asks to see what tricks I’m working on even if she can’t tell the difference. And if I’m ever being lazy she scolds me and tells me to get up and practice.

8 Likes

My wife says I am the only grown man that can get other grown men to play with Yoyo.

Every time a small box shows up in the mail, I get the eye roll.

However, she has never hindered me on my passion. She worked with the kids, each kid got me a yoyo for Christmas. She allowed me to gift SnapBacks to all the kids too.

So why she doesn’t get it, she doesn’t stop it either.

10 Likes

A while ago, I mean a decade and a couple years ago. My wife said there are plenty of other vices/bad traits I could have so she doesn’t have to understand.

9 Likes

My wife doesn’t get it either.

Over the holidays while I was searching for the pink Butterflys at the target stores, one Saturday morning she surprised me and said let’s go look for your butterflys, we ended up going to 3 targets and found 5. She attacked those bins like nothing I’d seen before, she found three herself.

9 Likes

My wife gives me the same eye roll, and my kids say “it’s probably just another yo-yo” with disappointment in their voices and a total stink face.

3 Likes

My kids Rat me out all the time.

Sometimes I am able to grab the package before they get home. Ill open it, play and put it on the shelf (in my room, mind you). Ill be sitting in the living room and they will walk out; “Whats this one?”

Wife roles eyes.

I swear they know my collection better than I do.

4 Likes

I guess I’m a little lucky. I only get called out by the kids on a new throw if I’m throwing it in front of them and they’re paying attention. I don’t have the collection prominently displayed yet.

4 Likes

My wife finally stopped rolling her eyes and sighing heavily by saying that I could only buy a new one if I sold an old one.

6 Likes

My wife has her own Higby case. But that’s all she likes.

1 Like