Freestyle Video Contest - Scales Open Vol 2!

SCALES-OpenVOL2

Wanted to put a spotlight on this as this is a GREAT first place to compete for anyone who is looking to do their freestyle as they have both an amateur and Pro category put on by SCALES! @ColinBecko will be chiming in with a Q&A THIS Saturday to answer any questions you might have about it, SCALES, or general contest whatever questions!

The concept of Scales Open Online is to provide a unique contest experience by giving players of all skill levels around the world the chance to compete at their best potential for a low price with high prize stakes. Players will be filming their freestyle, which means that they will be able to perform it as clean as they wish. On top of this, all competitors will be receiving feedback from the Scales group for their freestyles!

There are two divisions planned for this event - AMATEUR & PRO. Amateur is a 1 minute freestyle for players who are new to competing and are looking for an opportunity to step into the contest scene in a friendly way. Pro division consists of a 1 minute preliminary round and a 2 minute final for players looking to stack up against the best of the best and compete in a contest that is more similar to pro divisions in real life.

Rules for the Scales Open are available here. Registration is available through us here at YoYoExpert and you can sign up for our event here!

There is also a SCALES T-Shirt you can snag during registration!

9 Likes

:wave: everyone! Super excited to be hosting this event, and also am forever grateful to YYE for allowing us to collaborate with them on this too.

Check out the Pro Finals from our 1st installment of this contest below for a glimpse of what things are like:

And also - if you are unsure about doing amateur vs. pro, here’s a little PSA on it:

Excited to see what questions you all will have!

9 Likes

What if a company have sponsored me even tho i suck? or what if the company has a non-competitive vision to it?

Asking because i’m curious. Not gonna enter even tho i would love to (Just super busy with school rn).

4 Likes

If you do not feel comfortable as a competitor (i.e. never competed, only done Sports 1A, etc) and feel as though amateur is better, feel free to do that. This is the first time we have ran Amateur and we mainly just wanted it to be fair for the ‘real’ amateurs, and not let someone amazing destroy everyone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That clears things a bit. Yeah, i’ve never competed and honestly i would love to. Def gonna hope in the train for FVC Vol. 3!

If I enter pro division will I get feedback for my final too even if I don’t make it?

what if i have made third, only because 6 people were competing?

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

3rd is still 3rd no matter how many people sign up :slight_smile:

Do we get extra points for using an eppendorf? >:3