Free Shipping/Coupons/Price Matching...?

Hi,
I’m fairly new to the forum and to yoyoing in general, so forgive me if this has already been proposed. I’ve been browsing this site, and those of the competitors, and by far YYE has the best stock, variety, and color selection of yoyos. Also, it’s a place where you can do it all…learn, participate in the forum, trade and so on. But, a few features I’ve seen on other sites that would make this one better, is like weekend deals where you get like something huge like 18% off for example if you buy in that two day period. Or, free shipping on orders over $50 in the 48 states would be great. Also, if you would pick the top 5 yoyo sites and price match, offer to match the lowest price found on those sites for any yoyo you sell, that would be a good promotion. I’ve made some fairly large purchases recently on the internet, and a coupon for more than 10% off, along with free shipping is huge on a big purchase like that. Please consider more coupons, specials, free shipping, and price matching. You would really take hold of the market if you did…Honestly, your prices are very competitive, so I think only rarely would a price match apply anyway…more of a marketing idea. It will cause the buyer to think before purchasing elsewhere. You couldn’t price match with auction sites and such, only yoyo stores…I do realize that. What do you guys think?

Good idea

The store periodically has steals and deals like you describe, primarily around holidays and other important events.

Thanks for the feedback guys. A lot of people are getting tax refund checks in the next few months…maybe an important enough event ;-)? I’m lobbying for 15% off orders over $100, free shipping, and price matching with top 5 online yoyo stores. Whaddaya say? I’m ready to spend the big bucks.

It would be nice to get the price match although the prices seem to be equal across all stores. And I believe until recently there was free shipping on $50 or more orders.

Price match - most of the Us yoyo companies set the selling price range. Stores can’t vary from that w/o loosing the rights to sell the product so price matching won’t get you much more than a couple of dollars here and there.

Note - that I am not speaking for the store here, just stating what I’ve gathered about the yoyo business over the years.

I wonder what changed recently that there is no free shipping? YYE is very close to me, I’m in Massachusetts, so I get the stuff super fast, although it costs me. But for those on the West Coast or something, there isn’t the same advantage…and some would rather get the free shipping on a big order and wait for the competition to ship free. I guess my motive is to stop comparing and contrasting sites from yoyo to yoyo and checking prices and colors. One site has the yoyo cheaper, free shipping, but no good colors for the yoyo in stock. The second site the yoyo is slightly more expensive by a few dollars but charge for shipping, and great colors available. A third site has the yoyo as cheap as the first, and great colors like the second, but charge for shipping. I’m always doing this dance clicking back and forth between open windows looking at prices and colors between sites. YYE is great with color selection and variety of yoyos, with competitive prices, so if the shipping thing was better, I wouldn’t even bother checking the other stores…seriously.

This site is the ONLY site that gives as much as it does. Especially by the owner. Andre has spent countless hours in front of a camera giving you all these tutorials. That isn’t free. Nor is it cheap. I think what Andre has here is just fine. I think it’s just people not wanting to spend the money. I also think it’s the people with more money than others that are asking for cheaper stuff.
I’m not saying you are rich. I’m not saying you are poor. I’m just stating my opinion.

The part where I like is 100$ Free Shipping
Continential perhaps…
I wanted to buy a Mystery box but shipping is half of what it costs so I just held up on it.
Holiday + Deals are already available so thats fine
Not complaining at all though

I think I acknowledged the good offered here at the outset, and I’m taking advantage of the opportunity given to state what I thought the improvements would be… But, as far as improvements, I think there’s been some agreement on those issues I raised. As far as not wanting to spend the money…well, it may apply to some, but in my case, I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on this site, (and others), so I’ve certainly been giving back for what I receive. I’m not rich nor poor, but I have a tax refund coming…that I know. :wink:

Trouble is that with YYE (if you live in Canada) and you buy some strings,pads,ect. the shipping costs are approx. $6.50.Once you’ve dropped a nice throw into your shopping cart then suddenly shipping costs jump to $23.00 min. This adds a large percentage point to the costs. Lots of other sites offer $6.50 shipping on a nice throw. So, I don’t understand why. If it takes three weeks to get here, I don’t care. But I will admit that this policy is a bit detrimental in my decision as to whom to buy from.

I’ve done shopping around, especially when I got started and before I decided to land on YYE. Pretty much everyone has the same prices for merchandise, give or take a few cents. Not to shoot down the concept of price matching and I know the economy sucks and every penny DOES count, but have you ever had to deal with YYE’s customer service? We’re talking people who understand what customer service is all about. The “premium” paid for it is a penny above other sites only on specific models where the prices vary. I don’t see the need to price match.

YYE also does sales, discount codes, promotions and other tactics to boost sales. My first purchase was based on the fact that a discount was being given for National YoYo Day. I’ve seen Black Friday deals, Cyber Monday deals, contests, give-aways ad other discounts.

Now, I won’t comment on manufacturers setting prices. I’ve done plenty of sales, but in data communications. Totally different world. I have to have permission to carry a brand, but I don’t get to buy direct from the manufacturers. I have to buy from a Tier 1, so there’s already a level of mark-up. As long as the Tier 1 can validate my status with the manufacturer, it’s all good. Once the Tier 1 gets their money, I can do whatever I want as far as sales are concerned, it’s not their problem. Some companies are easier than others to deal with. I got some horror stories to tell regarding a particular major player of the internet.

As far as shipping, man, I am SO thankful for US Priority Mail with their latest policies. It makes things so much easier AND affordable. Honestly, I’m serious. But if you have problems with the prices of Priority Mail, contact YYE directly and see what else they can offer.

What I do dislike is that let’s say I need something like strings or response pads or something else small like that, then the shipping seems a bit out of line. Response pads and bearings can be sent via First Class mail for less since they are small. I find it’s best to put accessories and maintenance items in with larger purchases. At some point, I’ll really have all the yoyos I want and will have to just buy strings. So, I’ll just buy a very large quantity of strings. At least this is an element I can control, mostly.

As far as international shipping, this is a issue I’m getting sick of hearing about. Yes, I do agree that international shipping is expensive. Why? Because it is. Sorry, but it is. Even to Canada. Contact YYE to explore other options. I feel the pain for international customers. A young kid saves up their hard earned money and then he’s ready to get that dream yoyo that may or may not be high priced, but then the kid is destroyed when he learns about “shipping charges”. Really, based on what I’m seeing, shipping is being billed on a “cost” basis so no money is being made or lost on it. This isn’t so bad considering some places(not sure about yoyo stores) do charge a fee for packing the stuff in a box. That involves human power and possibly some packing materials. Time+Materials=money not being charged, just being chalked up to the costs of doing business.

Agreed. That’s the main reason I save up a bundle of cash and buy as much as possible in one big purchase. I just want to make a purchase that makes sense. I feel bad for the international buyers too. I’ve sold a lot on the internet and hopefully in the future with a lot of internet stores shipping international that can be resolved one day.