Forum mini-sponsorship of up and coming yo-yoers on instagram and youtube?

Oh this reminds me. I wanted to do a “YYE forum mini sponsorship” of up and coming yo-yoers on youtube or instagram… who are producing a lot of cool yo-yo videos but are otherwise unknown … where I send them like ~5 yoyos and a ton of string.

Do we have enough leads on up and coming people to do that? I don’t want to “sponsor” anyone that’s basically already sponsored / famous, I want to look for new throwers without a big audience (yet) and do a mini-forum-sponsorship. Do y’all think you’d have enough leads to do that? If so I can start a new topic for it…

20 Likes

Didn’t you already sponsor @smileypants707?

I think @EthanV would be a pretty good choice but I don’t know if he is sponsored.
@Marm is very good and I am pretty sure he isn’t sponsored.
A lot of the people here (I.E @knowledgeablepixels) I just haven’t seen them yoyoing.

2 Likes

Not necessarily from here, just people on instagram or youtube who make a ton of yo-yo videos and are unknown.

2 Likes

I am still very new to instagram and have no clue about most of the features, so I can’t help you there, lol.

4 Likes

i think im trash compared to everyone here. @EthanV has been throwing for a smaller amount of time and hes better than me

2 Likes

I haven’t seen him yoyoing I just have heard people say hes good. Post a vid of your favorite tricks sometime, PLEASE. :smiley:

Oh hello there,
I am not sponsored at all and only a few people know about my instagram (@ethanvalondo_)
I consider the myself as “unoriginal” though, so its pretty much your choice to decide if im unorginal or not.

wait how does @knowledgeablepixels know about my instagram?, whats your @?

3 Likes

i think He should participate in wyyc this year.

1 Like

Sponsor Ham Dog

I mini-sponsored him with a tournament entry fee a little while ago. You can find a lot of other good up and coming players in the Scales live streams.

11 Likes

i dont follow you. i just went on instagram without an account

3 Likes

Luna Harran (thesonicpineapple on Instagram) does this kind of stuff all the time.

6 Likes

I recently joined Instagram as @alexander_dwarff. I haven’t posted much. I’m still trying to figure out how it works! :joy:

4 Likes

Me too. lol.

Gavin Hubner is VERY good and has an instagram that he posts on a lot. https://www.instagram.com/44gavinhubner/

Oh, and Tyler Wilson and Jaden Bender make a yoyo channel called “The Yoyo Dude” and niether of them are sponsored https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwuDT_atBMmGdNLGlRMrfw

2 Likes

Good! Keep the suggestions coming! Let’s sponsor someone with :love_letter:

4 Likes
1 Like

Those crazy kids seem to love the instagramz these days, and since the criteria is “posting a lot of impressive yo-yo trick videos” that seemed like a logical place to look – instagram is all about posting lots of small videos, right? That’s the purpose of the service.

And of course, obviously YouTube!

But I am not limiting it to those two places… wherever the hip cool kids are who are good at making nifty new yo-yo videos and will one day win worlds in 2025 or whatever are posting regular evidence of their mad skillz … maybe it’s Livejournal, maybe it’s Myspace, I dunno, I’m old and dumb, I still use forums! :wink:

1 Like

Was going to say Jonathon So but apparently Circle City sponsored him in december…

Oh, and I saw This Kid.

Can’t believe YoYoCharlie and Jo3no aren’t sponsored yet.

3 Likes

This kid is chrushing the Insta on a regular basis, applesauce00100.

5 Likes

Keep 'em coming! I would like to pick someone from the above and try this as an experiment.

Any consensus on who we should mini-sponsor? Click on the above and let me know what you think!

4 Likes