Formula For Sleep times

Jason, shut up and take Crystal out for dinner :P.

You forget to divide by “Wild Parsnips” and Zero. And Carry the 2 next time

Im rather partial to, 2+2=5 and Raymond=about 45 seconds

meh i’ll fix it later i was in a hurry

See, somebody gets it!

I got an equation for you.

Hold yoyo. Throw yoyo. Complete trick. Return yoyo.

Did you have enough spin time? If yes, good for you. If not, work on your throw.

Whoopee.

2 Likes

Buzz kill.

Now we have a mathematical side of yoyoexpert…

Math? ON a board for toy’s? Who wudda thought?
Weird!!!1``

Precisely!

HHHHHMMMMMM… 2=1+1? Doesn’t make sence… How do you guys do all this math? It’s a yoyo. Hold. Throw. Done.

IMHO, I think this topic is a FAIL. Honestly, no one cares how to find the formula to find a sleep time. What does sleep time matter, as long as you can do the tricks that you want. It depends all on your throw, and quite frankly, you can’t really even measure the strength of someone’s throw anyway. THe point of yo-yoing is to have fun and meet new people, learn new tricks, etc. I don’t even know how to say it… this is a pointless topic. Half of what people are saying doesn’t even make sense. It’s a yo-yo… not rocket science.

Just my opinion on this topic.

1 Like

If any of these “formulas” really work, then prove it. Use one of them and plug in numbers and such and actually use the formula.

Agreed. Sleep time doesn’t have to be calculated to any certain time, just that it’s long enough, which happens with a good throw.

Nvm. the thread is still interesting…

We know it doesn’t make sense. That became half the fun.

IMHO, this post is a FAIL. Honestly, no one cares if people try to find the formula for sleep times and have fun while they do it. What does this thread matter as long as you can do the tricks you want? If the point of yoyoing is to have fun, meet new people and learn new tricks, why did you make that post?

I’ll agree with you, this thread is pretty pointless, but that doesn’t say that you’re post makes it any better. And I think you should stop calling the kettle black when it comes to being pointless SR…

Addment: There’s obviously more science to yoyoing that you think.

1 Like

I can’t resist… how about a -real- formula?

…ok, available characters prevent me from effectively writing it out as it’s a lot of math symbols, so you’ll just have to buy Don Watson’s yo-yo physics books instead.

And yes, there is a point to it… it’s about understanding design.

Kyle

I love that book!

Which one? there are 5.

Kyle

Sadly the first one.

You should let me borrow the other four!