Format:C Thoughts?

Says the guy who claims to be returning it because some guy on the internet said some things.

1 Like

I think that everyone needs to grow up, it was a fairly vague statement by DB, so I can understand why he asked what set it apart. In my opinion, it was a harmless statement and should not have evoked such a reaction from DB. Geezer, you had overreacted and you too have to “grow up.”
I realize that you guys have had some issues in the past but please, try to get over them and start out on a clean slate.

From an outsiders standpoint it seems like you guys see every post from each other and find the bad in it.
So, in conclusion, we all have some growing up to do. Try to be mature about what you are trying to say and do so in a respectful manner.

2 Likes

Jeez Guys…

1 Like

Matt, you are not making sense and going for shock value. DB isn’t One Drop any more than I am so how is returning it going to hurt DB? Also, if you do return it, the Format:C will just get gobbled up by one of the players that was chomping at the bit to get it but missed out. So all this protest you are doing is giving someone a shot at an excellent yoyo all while you direct you misguided anger at a company who has not said a word to you in this thread.

1 Like

Please do not send it back, give it a chance, I would love to hear your thoughts on it vs some yyr’s.

1 Like

I just received mine as well, and would have to agree with the many others who stated that the Format:C is the best YoYo that One Drop has ever produced.

While I would never presume to possess the articulate skill required to convey why I feel that way about a YoYo,… which is why I never embarrass myself attempting to write reviews, I can only say that it has a USA/Japanese fusion feel to it. It has far exceeded my expectation of what it would be with ease.

There is a silent and subtle elegance to the way it handles and feels in my hand, and the way it handles without there being such drastic rim weighting or weight placement. The use of some classy solid colors just adds to the understated tone it generates.

In short, It just really works well…

Great Job to the folks at One Drop on this one.

1 Like

Love my Chik and Rally to pieces but the Format C doesn’t really appeal to me enough for me to buy one. I’m interested to see how the Valor turns out though. =)

Gambit, do yourself a favor and find a Format:C to try out whether it is at a yo-yo club or a contest. Something tells me it will surprise you.

Ok everyone, there has been enough time between ordering and arrival. So for those of you who bought a Format:C here or elsewhere lets hear those thoughts.

Still loving mine! Wish it could grind better but that’s about it.

Yeah, I said the same thing in my review. It is a problem with the 7075 aluminum and the finish used by One Drop. You need a much more aggressive blast to give 7075 a decent grind finish. The thing is, I wouldn’t change the finish of the Format:C one bit. The color on the Format:C I received is absolutely gorgeous, and the orange is just as good looking.

What I have found is that grinds in a controlled environment are fine but if there is the slightest bit of humidity in the air the surface gets a little sticky and reducing grind performance quite a bit.

Even the 7075 Chief’s that were blasted at Gruntbull were a bit “sticky” too. It felt like a traditional CLYW blast that was just a tad more polished. I actually prefer the Pyramatte on the 7075 and the blast on the 6061 myself but that is just splitting hairs. They both get the job done.

I wonder how aggressive you have to go with the blast to get a good grind finish.

Gosh I really want a format C and I haven’t seen any pop up in the classifieds! You guys must be liking them enough not to sell :wink:

I’m really curious what future colors will be. I want to pull the trigger now but I feel like theres something magical awaiting… like a unicorn or something

They gotz to do pink. And black. And I’d like to see a really dark navy. Not that I’m likely to buy another (not much of a duplicates guy) but I think those colours would look great. In one of the first pics, the grey was next to the blue and picked up on some of its colours… causing it to look navy. When I thought it was navy, it was the best looking yoyo in the bunch! Looked really good in gray, too, mind you.

I know huh? Ernie did it well (very well) on the 7075 Majesty release.

I hope they do splashes…A splash with the raw strip would look amazing! Also, does it seem like the raw area has a clear coat, preventing it from tarnishing?

Are there any websites that still have the format c in stock?

Yoyoexpert has them in stock!!!

Tried it yesterday at contest, really good throw, excelent for contest style, I particularly enjoyed its lower weight. Hopefully will be able to try Chik and Valor from VIlmos next weekend and Will be able to determine new best One Drop yo-yo :slight_smile:

I want the format c it looks are just what I like… Low walls and awesome weight that I like.