Format:C Thoughts?

I feel that anything but a solid color would take away from the classiness and simplistic elegance of this yoyo.

I thought it looked pretty cheap. I would’ve gotten it, but it doesn’t even have SE. And that ring kinda makes it look like a knock off Chinese YoYo IMO.

You’re certainly entitled to your own opinions, but you’re in the minority, methinks. It’s pretty tricky machining to get that ring; you won’t be seeing it on any knock-offs any time soon. :wink: As for the rest, there’s nothing cheap-looking about it. It’s pure elegance (well, in my opinion ;)).

2 Likes

Have you seen one in person?

Does it look different “in person” than in a picture? If so, that seems counterintuitive. Isn’t that what a picture is for?

Anybody who might consider trading a Format:C PM me I have a good deal for you… Also David. A pink one would be epic. Also a clear sodablasted one would be even cooler.

Yes and no. Photographs are notorious for not being reality… instead, being photographs. :wink: Creative photographers always want them to be a “super” reality, mind you, not a lesser reality.

That said, I really think the pictures DO look like the reality in this case. Perhaps what da5id means is that when you have one in your hands, there are other qualitative factors at play that you can’t really demonstrate in a photograph. When you inspect the Sight Lines up close and personal, you can see that it’s not just a masked-off line of “no ano”… something you can’t get from a photograph.

It happens all the time in the world… you see a photo of something and when you see the real object you say to yourself, “this is different than I imagined”. This is for the simple reason that a photograph is not an object in your hand.

1 Like

It just looks so great in person. The raw strip is super classy

Pink are the works.

1 Like

That is great news!!! I for one can’t wait to grab a 2nd one. I LOVE my Format:C

Any news on the other colors for the 2nd run David?

I dont want to sell my Cascade but I guess I have to now… Would like to get 2-3 more really nice throws before Iowa States next month. At Least I have a job to help with my yoyo addiction now :slight_smile:

Come on man, now you are egging on One Drop in order to justify you statement about retuning the Format:C.

If you are going to bring such drama at least change your profile pic to this so we can all have fair warning.

1 Like

I think it’s time we call this thread done.

yoyogeezer - please stop trolling OD-related threads. Given the history, particularly your having admitted to intentionally baiting people into arguments on the forums, it’s hard not to read this as an intentional effort to flame. Seriously man, please stop.