Do you C what I C?

16 Likes

I see a 61g monometal yes :ok_hand:

3 Likes

It is weird that no one is talking about this in the forum, I am quite excited, the yoyo seems very light but looks very good, I will not try to order it tomorrow from One drop store because probably will be sold out in a second and also because it will be too expensive for me with shipping living in Europe.
I will take one for sure when arrive to the shops, the blue and the purple one looks very nice, wish there was some engravings but still it looks good

7 Likes

61g! Why?

2 Likes

42mm “comp” yoyo in 2023

4 Likes

What is this. Was hoping for a bimetal fat tire.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I have to against this statement for some TP fan and slimmer competition yoyos lover out there
Yuta Kashiwaya and Tsukasa Namba used Aster (Yuta sig.) and Hinemosu respectively for WYYC 23. And both are slimmer than 42.9mm of Format C

6 Likes

Tbh it can be ok, the Su1 from UNPRLD is a 43 mm and this one is 42.93 (basically 43), I will go on stage with the SU1 anytime, is a bomb for tech and also very safe to be used for arm combos and zontals.
I think it is all good until now, what worried me is a bit the weight which maybe can translate in not so good spin power but let’s see!

2 Likes

Where did they call this one a “comp” throw? I don’t see that quote from them. Also, just throwing this out there, but most of takeshi’s signature 1a throws are 42mm. There are more recent examples as well, like Hajime Miura’s new signature 1a throw, the yyr blur autoscopy, which is 40mm and 61.7g.

3 Likes

Well, Andrew Bergen threw a Float (59.5gram) in 2018 Final. May be not great in current 2023 comp scene but that’s probably the lightest ever thrown at World

2 Likes

So curious to feel a yoyo that light, never had one, I am not against it just curious, I tend to use lighter yoyos usually around 63 to 65 gr not more than that usually so I am ok as I play for very long hours daily.
Andrew Bergen game I think allowed for his type of games which is basically hooks and whips all over the place, wonder for more techy players how it work!

1 Like

For tech and dense one, there are couple of non-competition one on lighter throw. Like recent vids of Tyler Vienneau (Yokel:60gr) or the one below from @derparoo17 (Ig) (Otto: 62.5gram)

4 Likes

The C in the name stands for Competition.

3 Likes

The C in Format:C literally stands for competition lmfao

From OD directly:

The Format:C Challenge: design a 7075 yoyo for competition play from the ground up. The “C” stands for “Competition” or “Contest”.

Also in regards to the width, 42mm is great for tech players, I don’t disagree… but what tech player is gonna wanna use a 61g yoyo? Not sure who this is for lol

4 Likes

It is a very interesting choice of weight. I wonder what their intention is behind it.

2 Likes

Lol okay fair point about the c standing for competition. Again, just to point out Hajime is now using a 61g 40mm yoyo for comp 1a for example. I wouldn’t completely write it off just because it doesn’t fit the current meta.

7 Likes

That’s one of the best routine this year. I totally forgot about that Blur Autoscopy

4 Likes

I am super speculating right now but it is possible that maybe (maybe) the weight distribution allowed them to reduce the weight? It has quite big rims and maybe it still feel some weight on it.

I tried some yoyo where the weight is distributed they feel a bit heavier on string, the Libero feom ZGRT is quite light but still retain some weight on string and a certain feeling and is quite light as yoyo!

Just wondering, can’t wait that someone try it, ngl I am so looking forward to One Drop to be back to the insanely amazing brand it was years ago!

4 Likes

In all this we have to notice that Hajime is not really “competitive” in 1a (while in 3A, well…), if you put him on a stage close to the bigs is not gonna survive, his way of play 1a is very very much calmer and flowy so he probably needs a different yoyo compared than “standard” competitors around at the moment.

1 Like

The Blur Autoscopy is 58mm in diameter. Even at 61g this provides a lot of inertia.

I deliberately designed the Golden Abyss to weigh in at 60g. It’s feels very relaxed but can speed up extensively if needed. Granted, the brass rings recover a lot of inertia, but the weight alone is mighty fine.

9 Likes