Do you C what I C?

The G2 Elite 23 is 55.9mm x 43mm and 59.65g. It has SS rings, but this new Format:C has much more material at the rim.

I generally prefer much heavier yo-yos, but I don’t have any issues with the Elite 23. Usually I abandon super-light yo-yos pretty quickly even if the performance is fine because I just don’t enjoy how they play overall, but the E23 has been an exception.

3 Likes

Both yoyos you mentioned have reasons why they would have plenty of inertia even though they are light. One is 58mm in diameter and the other is bimetal. The Format C is neither of those. There must be a reason why they made it that light though.

2 Likes

I know the OG format C had quite the kickback on the string, I am excited to try a lighter version of this YoYo. The format C was one of my favorite one drop releases, be cool to see it reimagined imo

10 Likes

In this postyou said that you thought the Format C was the greatest yoyo you’d ever thrown and a new release would be interesting. Then in this post you said that they would sell way more Format Cs. Then in this post you said what the people want is another Format C.

Hilarious that when you finally get what you’ve been begging for all you can do is crap all over it.

4 Likes

Ah yes, thank you for taking my post completely out of context! I did say “at the time” …which was a decade ago… when it was more in line with what other competition yo-yos were at the time.

I assumed a new update would be more in line with competition yoyos today. That was an incorrect assumption, as some strange choices were made here. It’s like when Coke brought back classic Coke and then it was different.

I still stand by everything I said - I do think they’ll sell a lot and I do think people want Format C’s. This maybe just wasn’t what some people had in mind - I think people were thinking of a straight up, unchanged rerelease OR a wider, non-ultra light version.

Very odd and a tad obsessive of you to go through my posts like that tho lmfao… I didn’t know you were so in love with me :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

is this the monometal draupnir?

i’m sad they got rid of the engraving…

2 Likes

Weird that you never said the Format C should be wider. I’ll I did was search your username for the keyword Format C and the posts were right there, only took a minute as you’ve been very vocal about it.

Edit: it seems what you really want is not a Format C, but a completely new design. What specs do you want to see from OD specifically?

3 Likes

I hope you find the peace you’ve been searching for in this life brother.

7 Likes

In. For various reasons for which I don’t care if you care:

• local-ish business
  • not overly chonky or wide
  • looks classy
  • I have many One Drops, why stop now
10 Likes

About time they redo this one. I have one with the “double site line”. Little banged up though.

3 Likes

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Alright, you talked me into it.

6 Likes

There surely is.
I was just stating the weight itself can work, also for monos.

3 Likes

Picked up a clear one!

6 Likes

I went with orange since I didn’t get the orange Reboot like I wanted

4 Likes

Nice! Blue would have been a good choice as I don’t have any ODs in that colorway (with the exception of a Saturday Market Intro), but Blue and Red sort of dominate my collection…that polished line on the Clear looked really really classy to me.

4 Likes

Man, they had me locked in until I saw the width and weight… Maybe next time. Hope y’all that copped enjoy this, looks nuts.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was excited until I saw the weight and then decided to wait until they were out in the wild first.

Same about the weight (and also waiting some availability in Europe), it seems still an interesting yoyo to me, the weight doesn’t worry me and I do not get all the fuss with the width which I think it is quite normal (I mean, choices) but I still think it is fine to play modern.

4 Likes

Everyone talking about weight!!! All I want is teal. Teal forever!!! Every model ever.

5 Likes