Food & Yo-Yos Thread (Continued after the Contest)

I had a power outage here…the wind is crazy today. I’m surprised I got this uploaded in time. The prize is an Avalanche. So, if anyone already has one, and does not want another, or played it and knows it’s not the one for you…by all means, you can opt out of the contest in favor of someone else getting it who will definitely be happy with it. It’s a nice throw, but not in my top 5 CLYW. I own three, and decided to keep the YYE Edition (of course) and the snowday. This fella is photogenic, and looking for a new home. It comes with the box, that is chilling in the distance. No black string…it will be leaving soon. We said our goodbyes. :smiley: More photos are in my signature…until I remove them from the collection pics.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/10610627764_e4c1a7cbcd_z.jpg
ContestPrize by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

1 Like

Dat 28 Stories. :o

If I, as an oversees gentlemen were willing to pay shipping in the unlikely event that I took the crown, would I be able to enter?

O_O

I have tried a BEAT (like literally) 1st run Avalanch and it was Amazing!

I havent owned a CLYW, tried a few (chief Bvm summit) and loved most.

But I really enjoyed the Avalanche shape.

Even if it was beat, I would take any CLYW just to own one!

Also, TA- Stay safe! Its rainy down here…

:smiley:

WOW. I want it!!!

I HOPE YOU WIN!!! ;D

Hahaha! Thanks bud :wink:

No red, white and blue. :slight_smile: I basically got a splash that…I would have preferred it were different. And, if this is not in my top 5 CLYW, no need to have more than a few…so I was in the spirit to just let this one go.

I got an inquiry about shipping to Canada. I thought about including UK and Canada, but I’m familiar with shipping to UK, not to Canada. I find shipping to the UK very reliable, so I was tempted. I know Canada is so close though. The trouble is, I know for international shipping it costs too much to track things the whole way. I just didn’t want to give a freebie and turn it into something costly to me at the same time with full tracking, and filling out additional forms, so it was easier to just say within the U.S. I also didn’t want to say “enter but once you get tracking, if you don’t receive it…it’s your risk.” I told someone that if they had a friend or family member in the USA willing to accept the throw in the mail, and be responsible for shipping it from there…by all means, I’ll take any USA address. But, it’s a freebie, so I don’t want to make it difficult/costly to give something away for free. That was my thinking on it. :-\ Just want to keep it easy.

Now, if you paid the shipping, I think it almost makes things worse. If you pay for shipping and I take money from you, you are paying me to do something, and it creates responsibilities I didn’t really bargain for. It looks more like something off the BST :smiley: Instead of just saying “everyone enter,” and then subjectively pick someone from the USA, I chose to be real (as usual) and let you know where I was willing to ship.

I hope that made the best sense. Fortunately the person who inquired has a relative in the USA and such. There is always a loophole. :wink:

1 Like

When will the winner be announced??

6PM tomorrow ;)…

Dang man I’ve only tried a beat Avalanche (I6ify’s) before as well, and loved it. I wonder if they play better broken in… xD

Needless to say I’d love for my first CLYW to be that beauty.

Maccha flavored KitKats

2 Likes

I would like to anounce my enthusiastic interest in the prize! ;D

1 Like

I will end this at 6pm…, and stop accepting entries, so I will decide when all the entries are in. Sometime tonight I will decide.

Cheers for the response! It’s all good, I was just double checking. Good luck to all entrants! There have been some darn tasty looking entries.

It’s also been interesting seeing all the American food as well. :smiley:

The only thing to match my “NonGhetto” paint job like yours was Salt XD!!!

Salt and my PGM…

Always a pleasure Gambit. :slight_smile: I used to mail my friend in the UK Hershey’s chocolates and Twinkies, I hear they are not sold there. :-\

Dark roasted pretzels man.

Sweet!

Thanks for your good sportsmanship :wink:

Wow… Sorry to hear that :-\

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck! I think this was almost better than the “entrepreneurs” contest :wink: hehehe!

Its really amazing how our yoyos match so much, yet we don’t notice or pay attention to it haha!

Güd luckà!

They aren’t! We don’t have:

Candy Corn
Pretzels
Wendy’s
In-n-Out (sp?)
Taco Bell
Popeyes Chicken
White Castle
Hersheys
Root beer
Twinkles
Babe Ruth’s (sp?)
Fruit Loops
Captain Crunch

And much much MUCH more. I only discovered Pop-Tarts last year and I was a convert almost instantly. They’re incredible. :smiley:

These three honestly surprised me.

Now I’m wondering what wonderful things we’re missing out on…