Food & Yo-Yos Thread (Continued after the Contest)

Although I haven’t had time to compete, it’s been enjoyable watching the additions to this thread. Great great contest TA. Very refreshing. Just like the oranges.

1 Like

I guess I need more yoyos to match! Lol, all mine were sorta off. Artistic wise, what did you think of this one?

1 Like

What did you think of my 3?

From an artistic view, yours would have been in the running with Sloppybinds’ food yo-yo. This being a “color match” and the marshmallow not in focus was the issue. When I referenced your entry without the fire where the throw was sitting with the marshmallows…the color was not close enough. The marshmallows looking more white and the throw looking more silverish, light greyish. So, even when I tried to apply what I knew about the true marshmallow color to the yo-yo by the campfire, I knew the match was not close enough. So, great photo, just not what this one called for. I believe you had a few others I thought were closer…I forget which ones now. But, they were closer to a “match.”

That photo gave me a good laugh Great job logi!

I still cant believe I won I’ve never won a yoyo related thing in my life until now

THANKS again TA for putting on this amazing contest

Your three were nice, but just a matter of whether the colors on the yo-yo really matched the colors on the food closely. If there were a few colors on the food not on the yo-yo, it wasn’t a close enough match. Also, you covered the yo-yo with the food on a few of them. Side by side, or something to make them both equally visible would have been better. Minor lighting issues…but overall, clear enough still. Good taste in snacks too. :wink:

Thanks! I don’t know why, but the code 1 with hi chew like that was amazing to me!

Me too. There were a lot of amazing ones, so the judging was not easy. This contest had one grand prize, but a lot of them are prize-worthy. But, I realized a few more prizes would never be enough to satisfy all the great entries, so it remained as is. :slight_smile:

Yup! Thanks for holding an amazing contest!

Thanks guys, no problem :wink: So Erik, let us know what you think of the throw when you get it. Also, please tell us about the photo and how you set it up. Were you walking around the grocery store with your yo-yo bag? Did you use a camera, Iphone…Ipod? Tell us how you got this winning photo of the oranges/Surge. Also, let me know if I can post your photo to Instagram so others can see it too. :slight_smile:

Yes go ahead and post it on instagram!

And yes I brought my yoyo case to the grocery store and went oooohhhhh oronges that will work perfect. The camera I used was a cannon power shot.

As for setting up the pic I just set the yoyo In the pile of oronges and the first picture I took I had the flash off and without the flash the colors did not match But when I turned the flash on it changed the lighting just enough to make it perfect

So thats about it if theres anything else you want to know feel free to ask

I think the best match was the peppers, but it was not perfect.

No!

Your FHZ and the drink was a PERFECT match…

TA-

What about my very first one, the whip and the can?

Also, the Capless and the peach? I needed better lighting…

And i couldnt find my TA Kitty String to match the sig. XD…

@Logi…the peppers were nice, but not close enough shade of green. I liked the pretzels more actually…was diggin on those more.

@BC…you had a lot of close ones. Your first one was great and you had a few that I would consider a great match…but I had to line up all the greats and see which one stood out. The peaches were tough. They sort of looked like you should eat them really soon, kinda wrinkled a bit. :smiley: At first, I thought they were “Munchkins.” Not sure if you have Dunkin Donuts where you are, but they looked like those little round glazed donuts. I was not sure what they were at first. I think the pic was taken in the fridge or something too…lighting issue, and stuff around it.

1 Like

Frozen peaches.

Threw them away next day

Wrinkly

Fail

Best match tho… If they weren’t frozen from last year…

Congratulations to the winner and thanks to the honorable judge for putting on yet another wonderful contest. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guess which camera I shoot photos with? Yup…the Canon Powershot. You know what they say, great minds… :wink:

I was impressed that there was a bed of oranges, because that meant someone was walking around on the go, looking at food, with yo-yos readily available. Talk about working for a prize. :smiley: I didn’t factor that in the judging, but had to figure that unless you have a bed of oranges at home, and the other stuff you posted too, that you were out and about getting photos.

I took a photo of that red delicious apple. I was in the store picking out what I thought was the perfect shade, without the yo-yo with me. People were looking at me waiting for me to pick one so they could get in there too. They had to wait though haha. It’s not easy trying to color match something natural, with something that is not.

Also, you had a few really close ones. The one with the 888 is great…pretty close. But, that one was also in the running. I’ll send tracking tomorrow…good stuff.

Thanks Trace. That green tea was in the running, well shot I thought…interesting, and different. I drink a lot of tea too…not as much as Gambit, but almost. :wink:

Thank you for the generous comments, TotalArtist!

Truly the joy of this contest for me initially was just getting creative and I didn’t join in with the expectation of winning. Sure it would have been nice, but I had so much fun making the cucumber/carrot yoyo! Then, the real joy came from my kids as my oldest daughter got up early and first thing she did was ask me if I won. :smiley: When I said I didn’t know yet and wasn’t sure I’d win, she told me that she thought I won, and my youngest gave me a big hug when I told her I didn’t win. That right there is better than any yoyo to me! So yeah, I still won. ;D

2 Likes

Critiques on mine? I wasn’t able to do them until last minute so I know the composition, lighting, and color-matches are far from perfect.