Food & Yo-Yos Thread (Continued after the Contest)

And you tell me to be patient…

I was just guessing because i thought she said 6 today…

Just checking my facts…

Editing my post…results very soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet!

The winner is:

Erik Kerber…

Why it was the winner:

This admittedly is not the most “artistic” photograph in the bunch. But, this was a contest that allowed you by rule, to use an Iphone, Ipod, or cellular phone if you had to. Of course, I wanted to see things well, which can be achieved using any of those devices these days.

The part of the rules I put in bold was to color match the yo-yo with the food. That means the colors have to match as close as possible. The food and yo-yo should be in focus. Many of them exhibited a partial match, or close match, but very few were exact, where the colors on the yo-yo matched perfectly with the food. I even critiqued my own photos in a post, and described which one I thought was best of the ones I posted in my own as examples. The color matching was the key to success. Several photos fit the criteria, but one stood out from the rest.

What I like about the winner is several things:

That Surge is somehow clearly recognizeable and identifiable, but camouflaged by color at the same time. The lighting is clear, and the important parts of the photo (the food and the yo-yo) are both in focus. If you can camoflauge a Surge in a bed of oranges, that must be a good color match. Oranges being different shades in nature, he had to stick the Surge in a spot where it was next to oranges of the same shade. He did a good job and stuck it between a few oranges that were the same shade.

There were some close photos, that almost won it. Sloppybinds with the yogurt. BcMaddog who submitted the most entries I believe, had a few close ones too. Jiggyfly had nice ones, with nice clear shots, easy for me to tell what they are…and tasty looking I might add.

I had to stick to what I originally called for, and not deviate no matter how much I enjoyed the photos for other reasons. The winner made the 6 month member rule by a few weeks…he just made it.

Congratulations. I hope it was fun for all who participated. There will be another contest soon, not sure what it will be though. Erik should PM me his address.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats Eric!

EDIT:

Thanks for running such a fun contest, TotalArtist!

Didn’t want to sound like I was sucking up to you in order to gain favor so I waited until now to say that my favorite photo was the Omnicron/Funyuns! I was certainly glad that I wasn’t competing against your skills.

1 Like

Congrats man!

Congrats Erik!

Congrats Erik! Get psyched for that Avalanche!

1 Like

Well… Good job Erik

1 Like

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but this is now officially for posting right?

Just wanted to share one that I had on Instagram and no one but intsa users saw :).

2 Likes

You deserved it!! :slight_smile:

Now eat some oranges to celebrate!

Enjoy that avalanche!

Lol

And post pics :wink:

Congrats!! Thanks TA for a fun contest!! Can’t wait for more!!

1 Like

I have to admit, the Yogurt was a finalist in the running. The clarity, the angle, and the colors were very, very close. From an artistic standpoint, the food yo-yo was a standout. I had to keep re-reading my rules to make sure I stuck to what I asked, and it didn’t allow me to pick the most artistic…but the best “match.”

The thing about the Funyuns is that it has dark green on the bag (not on the yo-yo) and it has the food color on the bag (not on the yo-yo either). It’s close, but not exact. I’m glad you like it, that is a very “different” looking yo-yo too. Thanks for being so positive and encouraging in here.

I’m glad you guys had fun, there will be another one soon.

1 Like

NOWAYNOWAYNOWAYNOWAY!!!

I cant believe I won I will post pics when I get it

Thanks everyone

Special thanks to TA for setting up this amazing contest

1 Like

You had a few really close ones. That one was the closest of all that you posted…color-wise. It was a finalist, and one of the last you posted too. I compared it to the orange one, and the camouflage aspect of the oranges gave it the edge. Also, the signature threw it off a tad, and the condition of the orange throw was better. You had a few other close ones. The 3 Monster cans with the Hitman, a Coca Cola one too. If anyone is curious what I thought of a specific photo, I’ll share it now.