flowing silicone is not lasting...

so i got the bully about a month and half ago and the flowable silicone has run dry already! the responsive ness started out way to much, then it was perfect for 2 weeks, and now it slips 2/3 times i try to bind. can you even buy more flowable silicone? any solutions

Yes, you can buy flowable silicone from several online yo-yoing stores as well as hardware or automotive stores, and I’m pretty sure even Wal Mart would carry something like that. Permatex seems to be the most popular brand from what I’ve seen. Just search silicone in the modding section on here and you should find plenty of results. Icthus had the most comprehensive reply on the subject as seen in the links below:

If you don’t want the trouble of cleaning up flowable silicone and waiting it to dry, you can get O-Rings from a hardware store for about half the price (whole pair). It will last longer than the silicone (so I’ve heard) and it’s supposed to be more snug.

whenever i silicone my yoyos it only lasts like 5 days :frowning: am i doing something wrong?

You must play your yoyo a ton to make it wear out in 2 or so weeks.

_|@<06, make sure that you make the silicone either flush or raised. It might be a little more responsive, but it’ll last longer and with it being responsive you can become smoother in your play.

Also, if you aren’t happy with how long the flowable silicone is lasting, get RTV silicone. It is harder to apply but does indeed last longer.

ok, ive been making it recessed every time so thats probably why lol thanks for the help! ill probably look into RTV silicone as well hehehe

While we’re on the topic of Silicone… I have a question about the Silicone Rings I got. They don’t have the paper on the back to peel off. So… if I put them in… they won’t stick. How do I get those in?

I’ve got a yoyo that’s had the silicone in it for over two years.

That’s insane, what kind? and how much do you play it?

Its red RTV. I play it at least twice a week.

a little off topic, but if i were to put in the o rings like chris said, (it was reliable on my dm) what would the difference between the durability between that and the red silicone. also, (since i have never done this before) what would dual o rings play like, and how would i install the silicone or o rings, expecially for it to stick and to remove previous flowable.

I don’t think you could get o-rings to work unless you shaved both sides down so that it is similar to silicone o-rings.

As for removing the old silicone, there are many topics out there that can give you lots of information on good ways of doing it, which you can find with a simple search. :wink:

I have O-Rings in my Legacy and they work great! It’s unresponsive enough to my liking and it give snug binds even at low speeds. That’s just my preference. No shaving done at all.

where did you get the o ring?? legacy is size c like bully soooo…i want them.