why silicone?

why do the yoyo’s now come basicly standard with silicone?! when i tryed flowable, the silicone ran thin so fast that it angered me. i replaced it with o rings and it has lasted 4 times as long and the rins arn’t showing any sine of failing me anytime soon. so why the silicone, when o-rings DEFINATELY LAST LONGER, and respond the same? every yoyo i see either has pads which you need to buy more of, or silicone…which you need to buy more of…soo…why?

sillicone usually takes up less of the gap. O-rings sometimes need extreme shaving for it to fit perfectly flat. if you dont shave it then it will take alot of the gap. The responce has a slight feel to itself.

You must not be letting the silicone dry or something b/c silicone is a way better response system.

Rubber is tougher than silicone, which is why they were used and they tend to last as long as the yoyo itself. However, it does get in the way of the gap sometimes because it has to because rubber isn’t as grippy as new silicone. New silicone is very grippy and even recessed can be responsive.

In a way I agree because I find silicone can be responsive sometimes.

Because, they don’t respond the same.

silicone can also be super unresponsive but still performs tight binds

Prefrence.
I prefer flowable silicone.