Flowable silicone question

so I have magicyoyo z01 focus, and I cant find pads I like. it is just catches too much for me. I like the shutter response. but the shutter gap is. 2mm wider, does it really make that big of a difference. I have tried multiple string, qnd im using the thinnest I have which is 84string normal. and the pads im using are the same as joker pads 70 which are considered to be more hard. but once they break in, its the same

anyway… what flow able silicon should I use? I’m thinking maybe the shallow silicon might help this issue but I also don’t want to put something grippy in? any insight would help.

Try general yo 19mm pads, they are thinner than all other pads and sit recessed on most yoyos.

Also, blue RSO (type 50) are not grabby, they might work for you

As for silicone… I usually use flowable silicone and use a plastic spoon to recess it. I find Flowable much more grabby that any pads though.

more grabby?! Ugh ok thanka

Unlike pads, with flowable you can get the perfect fit, which is great for yoyos that don’t work so well with pads.

For example, if pads don’t fit totally flush with the yoyo body in the Z01, then flowable should make it less snaggy.

1 Like

the pads are perfectly flush on the z01, maybe the .2mm difference in the shutter is big enough to make that big of a difference

1 Like

Yes it is.

2 Likes