Response pad too thick

Does anyone have a problem with response pads being too thick … example i put ilinix mouse pads in my outlier 2 and when the yoyo is tilting the string rubs on the pads and makes the string vibrate is there any way to make the pads more slim? Or should i just buy new pads for my outlier ? The ilinix pads work great in my other yoyos just the outlier it has problems with

1 Like

Flowable windshield silicone never fails! There’s some guides on here on how to flow your own response pads, it takes a day to cure but some even prefer how flowable response plays compared to pre-made pads.

2 Likes

I tried my first flowable silicone as response, and the yoyo was too responsive. Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix it, or should I take it out and start over?

Yes you need to scrap it out, and its a pain in the butt. When using flowable, you want it recessed inthe groove. This prevents catching and nice grippy response

3 Likes

Did you give yourself a recessed amount of it. I usually get a plastic spoon and use the rounded backside to remove some of the silicone after application.

@hobby_master @Buddy_Jim Ah that’s probably what I did wrong. I left it flush with the groove. Thanks for the help fellas, I’ll try it again!

1 Like

2-part silicone works best for me. I use Smooth On products for work too tho…Mold Star 30
Is perfect. You can’t get a better pad IMO :slightly_smiling_face::facepunch:

You could try using the slim OD response pads (thickness: ~0.9 mm vs. the “standard” 1.1mm). Or trimming pads like I describe here: Simple mod for OD flow groove pads to cut them to "standard" 1.1mm thickness

4 Likes

Use the corner of a credit card to get a concave recess. :ok_hand:

1 Like

dependin’ on how flush the silicone is with the recess edge - it may take some time to ‘break’ in silicone.

mgodzilla

sunny…